#2 Posted on 17.9.05 1934.08 Reposted on: 17.9.12 1935.43
While it is sort of ridiculous that he managed to accumulate 40k volts without discharging them at some point, conceivably you could have that much charge in you without any real harm, because what kills you is the movement of the electricity (the current, I think). In his case, the electricity wasn't moving, hence static.
It still is something that seems like it wouldn't happen outside of a comic book, but just trying add some potential truth to the matter.
#3 Posted on 17.9.05 2114.04 Reposted on: 17.9.12 2114.17
There's no doubt you can have 40K volts of static electricity built up in you. I have personally discharged over 20K many times. (we have an instanteous meter on our bench that records your discharge.) But burning a carpet?
I find it hard to believe that he could have generated that much current?
Nope, it's not there. But a search for Frank shows several versions. It just REEKS of urban legend
#5 Posted on 19.9.05 0834.23 Reposted on: 19.9.12 0834.30
Originally posted by CerebusHow the hell did he open doors? Doors have metal door knobs and with that much juice going through him, he's gonna have his hair standing up ind it's gonna be on fire.
It's a public building, so it was probably a revolving. He may have never touched anything except the glass. And that is a good generator for Static Electricity as well. The revolvers seem to increase it, although I can't put any theory to it to say why.