The W
Views: 99062368
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Color chart | Log in for more!
20.9.07 0515
The 7 - Movies & TV - Movie News!
This thread has 1 referral leading to it
Register and log in to post!
Pages: Prev 1 2(1023 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (33 total)
Zeruel
Thirty Millionth Hit
Moderator
Level: 130

Posts: 2798/5207
EXP: 25603971
For next: 126675

Since: 2.1.02
From: The Silver Spring in the Land of Mary.

Since last post: 6 days
Last activity: 2 hours
#21 Posted on 20.9.05 0022.14
Reposted on: 20.9.12 0022.16
    Originally posted by Kevintripod
      Originally posted by SOK
      Why are they making a second MR. BEAN movie? Who really wants that? The first movie was terrible.


    I'm guessing that the first Mr. Bean movie did really big in the U.K. and possibly elsewhere outside of the U.S.


Mr. Bean has a big following in the U.S. It just sucked as a movie because they were lazy and borrowed gags straight out of the show.
Oliver
Scrapple
Level: 127

Posts: 1667/4932
EXP: 23169584
For next: 557047

Since: 20.6.02
From: #YEG

Since last post: 3 hours
Last activity: 3 hours
AIM:  
ICQ:  
Y!:
#22 Posted on 20.9.05 1055.29
Reposted on: 20.9.12 1055.30
    Originally posted by Zeruel
      Originally posted by Kevintripod
        Originally posted by SOK
        Why are they making a second MR. BEAN movie? Who really wants that? The first movie was terrible.


      I'm guessing that the first Mr. Bean movie did really big in the U.K. and possibly elsewhere outside of the U.S.


    Mr. Bean has a big following in the U.S. It just sucked as a movie because they were lazy and borrowed gags straight out of the show.
When it came out in theatres, my then-fiancee and I went out and decided the subtitle "The ultimate disaster movie" was very suiting because it was terrible. We'd seen every single gag in that movie in the episodes we'd seen the previous new years eve - the CBC had a five hour bean a thon that year.

I might give it a look, but I'm not too sure...yet. If Rowan wants to resurrect an old character of him, can't he do a Blackadder movie instead?
jfkfc
Liverwurst
Level: 69

Posts: 611/1177
EXP: 2740262
For next: 129496

Since: 9.2.02

Since last post: 65 days
Last activity: 2 days
#23 Posted on 22.9.05 1411.36
Reposted on: 22.9.12 1411.49
Didn't feel like working today....

More sequels:
Indiana Jones 4 (2007)
Jurassic Park 4 (2006)
The Brazilian Job (2006)
Ice Age 2: The Meltdown (2006) - funny trailer online with the squirrel
Basic Instinct 2: Risk Addiction (2006)
Die Hard 4.0 (2006)
Creepshow 3 (2006)
The Cutting Edge 2 (2006) - apparently, this isn't a joke
Garfield 2 (2006)
Kung Pow 2: Tongue of Fury (2006)
Like Mike 2 (2006) - straight to video
Mission Impossible 3 (2006)
Mrs. Doubtfire 2 (2006)
The Net 2.0 (2006)
The Punisher 2 (2006)
Rambo 4 (2006)
Roadhouse 2: Last Call (2006)
Rush Hour 3 (2006)
Terminator 4 (2006)
Mad Max 4: Fury Road (2006)
Pirates of the Caribbean 3 (2007)
Rainbow Six (2007)
Untitled Batman Begins Sequel (2008)
Madagascar 2 (2008)
Puss in Boots (2008) - Shrek spinoff

More remakes:
The Hitcher (2007)
Back to School (2006)
The Three Stooges (2007)
Get Smart (2006)
The A-Team (2006)
The Equalizer (2006)
Logan's Run (2006)
Miami Vice (2006)
The Munsters (2006)
Oh God! (2006)
The Omen 666 (2006)
The Pink Panther (2006)
Police Academy (2006)
Porky's (2006)
Revenge of the Nerds (2006)
Rock 'n' Roll High School (2006)
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2006)
Swiss Family Robinson (2006)
The Warriors (2006)
Wonder Woman (2007)
Untitled Transformers Film (2007)
The Smurfs (2008)
spf
Scrapple
Level: 132

Posts: 3307/5402
EXP: 27054985
For next: 77019

Since: 2.1.02
From: The Las Vegas of Canada

Since last post: 52 days
Last activity: 2 days
AIM:  
#24 Posted on 22.9.05 1420.19
Reposted on: 22.9.12 1421.28
    Originally posted by Kevintripod
      Originally posted by SOK
      Why are they making a second MR. BEAN movie? Who really wants that? The first movie was terrible.


    I'm guessing that the first Mr. Bean movie did really big in the U.K. and possibly elsewhere outside of the U.S.

From boxofficemojo (boxofficemojo.com)

    Originally posted by BOM
    Domestic: $45,319,423 19.1%
    + Overseas: $192,300,000 80.9%
    = Worldwide: $237,619,423

    Worldwide Yearly 1997 (rank) 15


ICEMAN
Landjager
Level: 62

Posts: 766/927
EXP: 1893990
For next: 90707

Since: 23.5.02
From: Nashville,TN

Since last post: 1842 days
Last activity: 1531 days
#25 Posted on 22.9.05 1441.03
Reposted on: 22.9.12 1442.34
    Originally posted by jfkfc
    Didn't feel like working today....

    More sequels:
    Indiana Jones 4 (2007)
    Jurassic Park 4 (2006)
    The Brazilian Job (2006)
    Ice Age 2: The Meltdown (2006) - funny trailer online with the squirrel
    Basic Instinct 2: Risk Addiction (2006)
    Die Hard 4.0 (2006)
    Creepshow 3 (2006)
    The Cutting Edge 2 (2006) - apparently, this isn't a joke
    Garfield 2 (2006)
    Kung Pow 2: Tongue of Fury (2006)
    Like Mike 2 (2006) - straight to video
    Mission Impossible 3 (2006)
    Mrs. Doubtfire 2 (2006)
    The Net 2.0 (2006)
    The Punisher 2 (2006)
    Rambo 4 (2006)
    Roadhouse 2: Last Call (2006)
    Rush Hour 3 (2006)
    Terminator 4 (2006)
    Mad Max 4: Fury Road (2006)
    Pirates of the Caribbean 3 (2007)
    Rainbow Six (2007)
    Untitled Batman Begins Sequel (2008)
    Madagascar 2 (2008)
    Puss in Boots (2008) - Shrek spinoff

    More remakes:
    The Hitcher (2007)
    Back to School (2006)
    The Three Stooges (2007)
    Get Smart (2006)
    The A-Team (2006)
    The Equalizer (2006)
    Logan's Run (2006)
    Miami Vice (2006)
    The Munsters (2006)
    Oh God! (2006)
    The Omen 666 (2006)
    The Pink Panther (2006)
    Police Academy (2006)
    Porky's (2006)
    Revenge of the Nerds (2006)
    Rock 'n' Roll High School (2006)
    The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2006)
    Swiss Family Robinson (2006)
    The Warriors (2006)
    Wonder Woman (2007)
    Untitled Transformers Film (2007)
    The Smurfs (2008)



This list proves that Hollywood has offically run out of ideas. And isn't Day of the Dead getting a remake too. I think I read it'll be directed by Zack Snyder who did the "Dawn" remake.
Torchslasher
Knackwurst
Level: 107

Posts: 1796/3267
EXP: 12704343
For next: 387010

Since: 17.1.02
From: New F'n Jersey

Since last post: 1 day
Last activity: 1 day
#26 Posted on 22.9.05 1648.00
Reposted on: 22.9.12 1648.49
Roadhouse 2???

Man, the MST3K people must be creaming their shorts right now.

"Have a Patrick Swayze christmas!"
Tenken347
Boudin blanc
Level: 92

Posts: 784/2417
EXP: 7721582
For next: 35385

Since: 27.2.03
From: Parts Unknown

Since last post: 22 hours
Last activity: 18 hours
#27 Posted on 22.9.05 1657.28
Reposted on: 22.9.12 1659.02
The Brazilian Job is actually everything that's wrong with Hollywood right now. It's the sequel to a remake.
Cerebus
Knackwurst
Level: 108

Posts: 1425/3459
EXP: 13377834
For next: 142709

Since: 17.11.02

Since last post: 4 days
Last activity: 16 hours
#28 Posted on 22.9.05 1724.41
Reposted on: 22.9.12 1726.39
    Originally posted by Tenken347
    The Brazilian Job is actually everything that's wrong with Hollywood right now. It's the sequel to a remake.


Oh, c'mon! Marky Mark's gotta eat, you know!

Did you know there's a sequel to CARLITO'S WAY coming out this Tuesday, straight to DVD? Al Pachino has NOTHING to do with it, but it's starring Puff Daddy/P. Diddy/WHATEVER!
BOSsportsfan34
Pepperoni
Level: 66

Posts: 730/1097
EXP: 2376684
For next: 85180

Since: 2.1.03
From: MA

Since last post: 15 days
Last activity: 9 days
AIM:  
Y!:
#29 Posted on 22.9.05 1859.26
Reposted on: 22.9.12 1859.29
    Originally posted by jfkfc
    The Warriors (2006)



The original is one of my all-time favorites. You just know the remake is gonna suck.
Jaguar
Knackwurst
Level: 107

Posts: 3026/3273
EXP: 12730870
For next: 360483

Since: 23.1.02
From: Phoenix, AZ

Since last post: 165 days
Last activity: 165 days
#30 Posted on 23.9.05 1054.09
Reposted on: 23.9.12 1055.08
Police Academy?

Revenge of the Nerds?


I can't imagine this going well.
komarkaze
Mettwurst
Level: 28

Posts: 113/159
EXP: 131034
For next: 306

Since: 9.1.03
From: VA

Since last post: 2163 days
Last activity: 2160 days
#31 Posted on 23.9.05 1626.41
Reposted on: 23.9.12 1626.57
Did Garfield really do that well at the box office to warrant a sequel?

I can't really talk though because they are making a Kung Pow sequel and I will see it. I didn't see it at the theatres but after buying the $6 DVD at Walmart, Kung Pow has become a movie I could always watch again.
ekedolphin
Scrapple
Level: 132

Posts: 2716/5387
EXP: 26915543
For next: 216461

Since: 12.1.02
From: Indianapolis, IN; now residing in Suffolk, VA

Since last post: 93 days
Last activity: 3 days
#32 Posted on 25.9.05 2303.05
Reposted on: 25.9.12 2303.06
Yup, I'd also heard the rumors about a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie, and I'm so totally there too. Although I heard it'd be PG-13 if I recall correctly. I assume it's a restart of the movie series and not Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV-- kinda like a Batman Begins thing. Whether it'll be based off the TV series that I and a lot of people my age grew up with, or off of the current series (which is more like the comic books), I don't know.

But since we're (sorta) on the subject of TV series going to the big screen, I'm psyched about Knight Rider: The Movie, which will probably be out in '06!
The Vile1
Lap cheong
Level: 80

Posts: 1124/1694
EXP: 4623952
For next: 159037

Since: 4.9.02
From: California

Since last post: 1979 days
Last activity: 1711 days
#33 Posted on 26.9.05 0124.57
Reposted on: 26.9.12 0125.20
Its going to be an ALL CG Ninja Turtle movie. I don't even think it will be released theatrically.
ALL ORIGINAL POSTS IN THIS THREAD ARE NOW AVAILABLE
Pages: Prev 1 2Thread ahead: CYE/Extras
Next thread: First tv series cancelled
Previous thread: Presidential Canadidate in 2008
(1023 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
Related threads: Cult novel Perfume to finally be filmed. - Red Eye (spoilers) - 40 YO Virgin (warning) - More...
The 7 - Movies & TV - Movie News!Register and log in to post!

The W™ message board - 7 year recycle

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim
This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.217 seconds.