The W
Views: 99960055
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Color chart | Log in for more!
23.10.07 1219
The 7 - Pro Wrestling - TNA to go head to head with RAW's first hour?
This thread has 2 referrals leading to it
Register and log in to post!
Pages: Prev 1 2(1822 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (28 total)
Oliver
Scrapple
Level: 127

Posts: 1306/4945
EXP: 23347628
For next: 379003

Since: 20.6.02
From: #YEG

Since last post: 16 hours
Last activity: 16 hours
AIM:  
ICQ:  
Y!:
#21 Posted on 30.5.05 1517.00
Reposted on: 30.5.12 1517.02
    Originally posted by Snookum
    That's not even to speak of what you would have to do with Smackdown eventually. I would not be surprised at all if WWE decides to keep the seperate brands, but move to the "supershow" structure, eliminating the B-show matches and film both shows in one night. With careful editing and cueing, you could film both in the same evening and cut back on a second day's filming.
Didn't try that with WCW Nitro and Thunder in its dying days? I think that it would be a really, really rough stretch for the fans to be there for four straight hours.
XPacArmy
Frankfurter
Level: 59

Posts: 617/848
EXP: 1596817
For next: 76321

Since: 13.5.03
From: Woodbridge, VA

Since last post: 352 days
Last activity: 349 days
#22 Posted on 30.5.05 1555.36
Reposted on: 30.5.12 1556.27
    Originally posted by SOK
      Originally posted by Snookum
      That's not even to speak of what you would have to do with Smackdown eventually. I would not be surprised at all if WWE decides to keep the separate brands, but move to the "supershow" structure, eliminating the B-show matches and film both shows in one night. With careful editing and cueing, you could film both in the same evening and cut back on a second day's filming.
    Didn't try that with WCW Nitro and Thunder in its dying days? I think that it would be a really, really rough stretch for the fans to be there for four straight hours.


Yea WCW did. I think the most famous thing about them doing it is Sid was on Nitro and and got doubled teamed or something like that so he was gonna get his revenge on Thunder but they did an angle where Sid called into the arena and talked to the broadcasters (Tenay/Tony/Larry I believe) because he couldn't find the arena even though he was already there like an hour ago.
Zeruel
Thirty Millionth Hit
Moderator
Level: 131

Posts: 2703/5216
EXP: 25762245
For next: 662445

Since: 2.1.02
From: The Silver Spring in the Land of Mary.

Since last post: 10 hours
Last activity: 10 hours
#23 Posted on 31.5.05 0613.19
Reposted on: 31.5.12 0613.22
TNA on Monday vs. Raw?

In the fall, I'll be taping Raw and watching MNF. Guess TNA will be the odd duck out. I guess TNA isn't worried about MNF taking away from it's fanbase?
ekedolphin
Scrapple
Level: 132

Posts: 2512/5387
EXP: 27012059
For next: 119945

Since: 12.1.02
From: Indianapolis, IN; now residing in Suffolk, VA

Since last post: 126 days
Last activity: 16 min.
#24 Posted on 31.5.05 1837.18
Reposted on: 31.5.12 1840.43
Wow. If this happens, it'll be a very interesting (and dangerous) move by TNA. Of course the same thing was said when Eric Bischoff shockingly decided to create WCW Monday Nitro and have it directly compete with WWF Monday Night Raw. And it turned out pretty well, for awhile, until Vince got smart and pulled all the Doink the Clowns and Mabels off the show and went into edgier content that Ted Turner didn't want to have anything to do with.

If TNA had a regular timeslot like that, and put on one or two programs that I absolutely loved, I might even watch the entire show, and to hell with the first hour of RAW. But don't give me the WCW/WWE Reject Show. Nor can you simply rely on just wrestling. Sports entertainment's been what people have wanted to see for a long time... good matches, good storylines, good promos. And TNA needs to shell out a little money to improve their production values as well, lest they end up looking like an independent fed out of Iowa compared to WWE. And with RAW playing at the same time, it'd be very easy for someone to do a shop and compare.

That being said, bring it on! Let's have the Monday Night Wars begin anew! Something that Vince won't admit about WCW is that it forced him to get the WWF's ass in gear, and if TNA's show becomes popular enough, that might happen again. At the very least we'll have a legitimate alternative, I hope, for when I get sick of seeing the buildup to Triple H/Batista CLXXXIII.
BigDaddyLoco
Scrapple
Level: 128

Posts: 1635/4963
EXP: 23910514
For next: 471252

Since: 2.1.02

Since last post: 1 day
Last activity: 6 hours
#25 Posted on 31.5.05 2123.32
Reposted on: 31.5.12 2123.32
First, if TNA is to do anything they are going to have to fix some of the writing, booking or whatever they are calling it and get consistant. Some kind of plan other than Jeff Jarrett and whatever's clever is going to be needed.

Second, they could always try and land a Goldberg or Foley to pop their show and give it name value with mainstream fans.


Third (from Shapiro's post)...

Originally posted by DVDVR message board poster Marcos paraphrasing the WON which I have not received and won't until Tuesday
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just read the new Observer and apparently Laurinatis has been told to hurry up and sign CM Punk, Samoa Joe, and Bryan Danielson. This is in the wake of Meltzer last week reporting that TNA was wanting to sign all three.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


That could be really bad news for not only TNA, but the Indy world in general.






The Vile1
Lap cheong
Level: 80

Posts: 984/1694
EXP: 4641420
For next: 141569

Since: 4.9.02
From: California

Since last post: 2013 days
Last activity: 1744 days
#26 Posted on 1.6.05 0013.29
Reposted on: 1.6.12 0016.04
Well TNA just went through a creative team change. Dusty Rhodes is no longer booking the shows and now its guys like D'Amore.
OndaGrande
Kolbasz
Level: 46

Posts: 179/476
EXP: 672446
For next: 39333

Since: 1.5.03
From: California, Home of THE LAKERS!

Since last post: 9 days
Last activity: 3 hours
#27 Posted on 1.6.05 1830.13
Reposted on: 1.6.12 1837.22

This is from the liveaudiowrestling.com Wed. update...usually fairly reliable.

Dave Nelson of the Nelson Corporation announced today that they gave TNA a deadline of noon yesterday to accept their offer of $10 million to purchase Panda's 71% share of TNA (Jeff and Jerry Jarrett own the other 29%) and the deadline came and went and thus the deal is off the table. Nelson went on to say that their TV deal with WGN has fallen through and the potential deal that TNA could sign with Spike TV would be a fatal one because it is based on ratings the company would achieve. Nelson said he hopes to start up his own group in the fall and will soon announce two financial backers for the group. It has been rumored that Jerry and Jeff Jarrett will bolt from TNA and join Nelson and basically split TNA into two with people loyal to Jarrett leaving the company.
Mayhem
Scrapple
Level: 110

Posts: 1941/3647
EXP: 14271645
For next: 137287

Since: 25.4.03
From: Nashville, TN

Since last post: 14 hours
Last activity: 3 hours
#28 Posted on 1.6.05 1911.32
Reposted on: 1.6.12 1912.56
    Originally posted by OndaGrande

    This is from the liveaudiowrestling.com Wed. update...usually fairly reliable.

    Dave Nelson of the Nelson Corporation announced today that they gave TNA a deadline of noon yesterday to accept their offer of $10 million to purchase Panda's 71% share of TNA (Jeff and Jerry Jarrett own the other 29%) and the deadline came and went and thus the deal is off the table. Nelson went on to say that their TV deal with WGN has fallen through and the potential deal that TNA could sign with Spike TV would be a fatal one because it is based on ratings the company would achieve. Nelson said he hopes to start up his own group in the fall and will soon announce two financial backers for the group. It has been rumored that Jerry and Jeff Jarrett will bolt from TNA and join Nelson and basically split TNA into two with people loyal to Jarrett leaving the company.



Great ... Jeff Jarrett can then go on the become World Champion there.

Seriously, though ... what the hell is wrong with this picture. TNA doesn't have enough support to be split into 2 groups. I think TNA will cease to exist within the next year if this happens.
ALL ORIGINAL POSTS IN THIS THREAD ARE NOW AVAILABLE
Pages: Prev 1 2Thread ahead: Offer to buy TNA rejected + 3rd Promotion possibly coming
Next thread: John Cena - "Too Hot for MTV"?
Previous thread: Vengeance Meet & Greet
(1822 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
Related threads: DDP Gone from TNA. - AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels sign long-term with TNA - Jeff Hardy no shows TNA PPV - More...
The 7 - Pro Wrestling - TNA to go head to head with RAW's first hour?Register and log in to post!

The W™ message board - 7 year recycle

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim
This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.325 seconds.