The W
Views: 134185784
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Color chart | Log in for more!
24.6.11 1526
The 7 - Movies & TV - Mountain Dew commercial?
This thread has 40 referrals leading to it
Register and log in to post!
(3246 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (7 total)
Alessandro
Lap cheong
Level: 84

Posts: 824/1741
EXP: 5635041
For next: 26935

Since: 2.1.02
From: Worcester MA

Since last post: 79 days
Last activity: 2 days
#1 Posted on 22.4.05 1210.55
Reposted on: 22.4.12 1211.48
I've tried my luck at Google to no avail, so here goes ... Has anyone seen that Mountain Dew commercial, where the basketball player has to make his way through an assortment of samurais/ninjas/demons from hell in order to score a layup, then says "Didn't even touch me" right before his clothes (and afro) comically fall in tatters to the floor?

Does anyone know where I can find some info (producers, screengrabs, download, etc) about this commercial?

Promote this thread!
Zeruel
Thirty Millionth Hit
Moderator
Level: 136

Posts: 2656/5283
EXP: 29785897
For next: 311095

Since: 2.1.02
From: The Silver Spring in the Land of Mary.

Since last post: 402 days
Last activity: 344 days
#2 Posted on 22.4.05 1221.42
Reposted on: 22.4.12 1222.06
I've seen it way too many times. I thought it was hokey the first time and I get more annoyed with each viewing.

Have you googled it?

Here's some links, hope they help.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c2coff=1&safe=off&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-01,GGLD:en&q=%2B%22mountain+dew%22+%2Bcommercial+%2Bninja&spell=1
CRZ
Big Brother
Administrator
Level: 227

Posts: 6117/17267
EXP: 176349915
For next: 2616950

Since: 9.12.01
From: ミネアポリス

Since last post: 4 days
Last activity: 3 days
AIM:  
ICQ:  
Y!:
#3 Posted on 22.4.05 1232.56
Reposted on: 22.4.12 1233.34
    Originally posted by Alessandro
    I've tried my luck at Google to no avail, so here goes ... Has anyone seen that Mountain Dew commercial, where the basketball player has to make his way through an assortment of samurais/ninjas/demons from hell in order to score a layup, then says "Didn't even touch me" right before his clothes (and afro) comically fall in tatters to the floor?

    Does anyone know where I can find some info (producers, screengrabs, download, etc) about this commercial?


Mountain Dew is a client of BBDO New York.

It'll probably be at www.adforum.com sooner or later.

EDIT: Or www.boardsmag.com.

(edited by CRZ on 22.4.05 1240)
Von Maestro
Boudin rouge
Level: 49

Posts: 325/517
EXP: 854402
For next: 29487

Since: 6.1.04
From: New York

Since last post: 502 days
Last activity: 75 days
#4 Posted on 22.4.05 1420.01
Reposted on: 22.4.12 1420.05
The basketball player is Philip Champion (a.k.a. "Hot Sauce") from the And-1 MixTape & ESPN's Streetball.

That might help you find more info on the ad...
Alessandro
Lap cheong
Level: 84

Posts: 825/1741
EXP: 5635041
For next: 26935

Since: 2.1.02
From: Worcester MA

Since last post: 79 days
Last activity: 2 days
#5 Posted on 22.4.05 1534.16
Reposted on: 22.4.12 1544.04
    Originally posted by Von Maestro
    The basketball player is Philip Champion (a.k.a. "Hot Sauce") from the And-1 MixTape & ESPN's Streetball.

    That might help you find more info on the ad...


It did ... and I checked the Mountain Dew web site too, oh well.

evophile
Cotechino
Level: 23

Posts: 15/87
EXP: 61773
For next: 5951

Since: 12.8.02
From: New York

Since last post: 4317 days
Last activity: 3997 days
#6 Posted on 22.4.05 1831.14
Reposted on: 22.4.12 1831.21
Method Studios did most of the SFX and post production work on this.

http://methodstudios.com/mox747

click the link and it will tell you everyone who worked on it

(edited by evophile on 23.4.05 0140)
Alessandro
Lap cheong
Level: 84

Posts: 830/1741
EXP: 5635041
For next: 26935

Since: 2.1.02
From: Worcester MA

Since last post: 79 days
Last activity: 2 days
#7 Posted on 28.4.05 0730.50
Reposted on: 28.4.12 0731.28
    Originally posted by evophile
    Method Studios did most of the SFX and post production work on this.

    http://methodstudios.com/???????mox747

    click the link and it will tell you everyone who worked on it

    (edited by evophile on 23.4.05 0140)


Yeah, that includes the extra long version that I'd never seen before ... Ninjas and hockey players and Neo rip-offs, oh my!



(edited by Alessandro on 28.4.05 1611)
ALL ORIGINAL POSTS IN THIS THREAD ARE NOW AVAILABLE
Thread ahead: Loonatics: Back to the Drawing Board
Next thread: Land of the Dead Trailer Hits
Previous thread: [24] Day 4: 1 AM - 2 AM
(3246 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
The 7 - Movies & TV - Mountain Dew commercial?Register and log in to post!

The W™ message board - 7 year recycle

ZimBoard
©2001-2018 Brothers Zim
This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.303 seconds.