The W
Views: 100867246
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Color chart | Log in for more!
26.11.07 0802
The 7 - Pro Wrestling - Rock & Saturday Night Live
This thread has 12 referrals leading to it
Register and log in to post!
Pages: Prev 1 2(9754 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (30 total)
Spiraling_Shape
Bratwurst
Level: 76

Posts: 146/1463
EXP: 3840782
For next: 165297

Since: 2.1.02
From: PA

Since last post: 4 days
Last activity: 1 hour
#21 Posted on 14.4.02 1613.16
Reposted on: 14.4.09 1613.22
And, WHAT? You don't like the current news format? I think this news crew is the best yet (and I HAVE seen all of the incarnations- Norm MacDonald is number 2). The format is the same as the original cast (and season 2 gets number 3 honors for Jane Curtain/Dan Akroyd). Of course, Tina Fey helps a lot (right, Big Bad?)

Damn skippy. I was a big fan of Norm`s reign as Weekend Update anchor. And I`ve been meaning to complement Big Bad on that icon for quite a while. :)
Big Bad
Scrapple
Level: 146

Posts: 113/6752
EXP: 38073896
For next: 439490

Since: 4.1.02
From: Dorchester, Ontario

Since last post: 17 hours
Last activity: 7 hours
#22 Posted on 14.4.02 1815.45
Reposted on: 14.4.09 1819.05
Yeah, a lot of people seem to like my icon. I think it's the greatest icon in sports entertainment.

BTW, I write SNL reviews for another website, and CRZ has allowed me to print my review of the show at slash. Look for it in the next couple of days.
Spiraling_Shape
Bratwurst
Level: 76

Posts: 147/1463
EXP: 3840782
For next: 165297

Since: 2.1.02
From: PA

Since last post: 4 days
Last activity: 1 hour
#23 Posted on 14.4.02 2255.14
Reposted on: 14.4.09 2256.00
Yes I just read and enjoyed it. Good lord, that`s a lotta Simpsons quotes! I`d even forgotten "shazbot" came from the Simpsons, I just knew it as a nonsensical profanity. And I know my Simpsons quotes fairly well.
Tragic1
Chourico
Level: 36

Posts: 121/265
EXP: 296074
For next: 12039

Since: 2.1.02
From: Rolling Meadows, Illinois

Since last post: 4404 days
Last activity: 4395 days
#24 Posted on 14.4.02 2259.50
Reposted on: 14.4.09 2300.03
Shame on both of you. Shazbot is from Mork and Mindy.
Dutchie
Boerewors
Moderator
Level: 42

Posts: 12/386
EXP: 519043
For next: 2323

Since: 29.1.02
From: PA

Since last post: 3 days
Last activity: 9 hours
#25 Posted on 15.4.02 0124.30
Reposted on: 15.4.09 0127.32
I haven't caught *that* many SNL's this season, but the one on Saturday was definitely one of the funniest. I watched with two friends who are both non-wrestling fans but Rock-lovers. I definitely dug the Brian Fellows skit - is it my lack of reception, or is Tracy Morgan sportin' some of that new "Wet Diamonds" lipstick in that skit?

I'd forgotten how much I love Will Ferrell. We watched "Zoolander" tonight... I LOVE that man. The Brian Fellows and Neil Diamond/Steve Winwood ('If you find me in the back of your car sleeping, please, don't wake me up. Just buy me an Egg McMuffin sandwich on your way into work, douchebag'). Will Ferrell's gonna be the SNL guy who gets a bit-part in other SNL alumna's movie but never his own feature.

What I wouldn't have given for a "Mango" sketch instead of that 'Fred and singing-70s Maya Rudolph' thing. Wow. That was just unsurmountably unfunny.

And no one beat Kevin Nealon for Weekend Update anchor. Kevin Nealon ruled.
Big John DUD!
Linguica
Level: 20

Posts: 48/71
EXP: 40701
For next: 1738

Since: 25.3.02

Since last post: 4486 days
Last activity: 4486 days
#26 Posted on 15.4.02 0920.32
Reposted on: 15.4.09 0929.01
I thought the fred sketch was going to be a Mary Tylor Moore show ripoff at first.... (OH man Im OLD)
Slestak
Salami
Level: 32

Posts: 89/201
EXP: 195590
For next: 10854

Since: 2.1.02
From: Oklahoma City

Since last post: 4464 days
Last activity: 4397 days
#27 Posted on 15.4.02 1045.13
Reposted on: 15.4.09 1047.00
There were a few funny moments. The best sketch was Hardball (which didn't even feature Rock). I'm also a Brian Fellow mark. What was up with all of Rocky's singing? Is he trying to become a triple threat -- actor-singer-wrestler?

Andrew W.K. kicked ass. My wife: "I'm afraid one of his arms or legs is going to fly off."

You have to give this season some credit for pushing the envelope (subway sketch, Kandahar) but most of the time their efforts fail miserably.

I guess I'm still pining for the '91-'93 seasons (Farley, Myers, Rock, Spade, Schneider, Sandler, Nealon, Sweeney, Carvey, Cleghorne, and Hartman).
DirkLurker
Cotechino
Level: 22

Posts: 50/84
EXP: 52839
For next: 5512

Since: 2.1.02
From: Syracuse, NY

Since last post: 4501 days
Last activity: 4418 days
#28 Posted on 15.4.02 2330.50
Reposted on: 15.4.09 2333.00
91-93 was definitely the golden era. I miss Phil Hartman and Chris Farley (RIP). But nowadays, I like this cast more than the last few years. I like Will Ferrell so much, I wish he was in every skit. He makes me laugh. A lot

Dirk
Mr. Boffo
Scrapple
Level: 114

Posts: 64/3844
EXP: 16215979
For next: 93638

Since: 24.3.02
From: Oshkosh, WI

Since last post: 485 days
Last activity: 446 days
#29 Posted on 15.4.02 2350.42
Reposted on: 15.4.09 2353.39

    Originally posted by Slestak
    There were a few funny moments. The best sketch was Hardball (which didn't even feature Rock). I'm also a Brian Fellow mark. What was up with all of Rocky's singing? Is he trying to become a triple threat -- actor-singer-wrestler?

    Andrew W.K. kicked ass. My wife: "I'm afraid one of his arms or legs is going to fly off."

    You have to give this season some credit for pushing the envelope (subway sketch, Kandahar) but most of the time their efforts fail miserably.

    I guess I'm still pining for the '91-'93 seasons (Farley, Myers, Rock, Spade, Schneider, Sandler, Nealon, Sweeney, Carvey, Cleghorne, and Hartman).


I don't know, I like it when the musical guests, um, sing, or something. His sugar-high induced movements didn't do anything for me, and his barely recognizable yelling didn't indear himself to me.

This was the first time I had seen SNL in a while, and I can't help but think that it has gone down the tubes. I don't like Tina Fey as part of the weekend update. I think it's just because of the stupid smirks she makes all the time. But then, I've always like deadpan expressions. (Norm McDonald was the best. I remember this one episode, which I've seen on Comedy Central several times. The whole WU ruled. I'll just give a small quote. "I'd think a bigger violation of their privacy would be the *daily anal rapes*." That quote makes absolutely no sense out of context like that, but whatever. I also enjoyed Colin Quinn doing WU.)

I can't help but thinking that so much of the cast has been on there forever. What ever happened to SNL being a stepping stone to something better? Because of that, so much of the stuff has been done before. Tim Meadows, who was second only to Al Franken in the amount of time spent on the show, made it 10 years. Farrell and Hammond are on 8, and Gasteyer, Kattan, and Morgan are on 7. If just a few of them left, it would really help the show, IMO. But maybe it's just because I don't like any of them as much as I liked Farley, McDonald, Hartman, Myers, or even Jimmy Fallon when he first joined (IMO, he rocks at a. being himeself b. doing impersonations and sucks at everything else).
Slestak
Salami
Level: 32

Posts: 94/201
EXP: 195590
For next: 10854

Since: 2.1.02
From: Oklahoma City

Since last post: 4464 days
Last activity: 4397 days
#30 Posted on 16.4.02 0918.38
Reposted on: 16.4.09 0922.04

    Originally posted by Mr. Boffo

    I don't know, I like it when the musical guests, um, sing, or something. His sugar-high induced movements didn't do anything for me, and his barely recognizable yelling didn't indear himself to me.


Are you sure that was a sugar-high? Andrew W. K. is just big, dumb fun.

    Originally posted by Mr. Boffo

    This was the first time I had seen SNL in a while, and I can't help but think that it has gone down the tubes. I don't like Tina Fey as part of the weekend update. I think it's just because of the stupid smirks she makes all the time. But then, I've always like deadpan expressions. (Norm McDonald was the best. I remember this one episode, which I've seen on Comedy Central several times. The whole WU ruled. I'll just give a small quote. "I'd think a bigger violation of their privacy would be the *daily anal rapes*." That quote makes absolutely no sense out of context like that, but whatever. I also enjoyed Colin Quinn doing WU.)


Yeah, Fey's "Look at me I just told a joke!" smirk really bugs me. McDonald and Nealon are my two favorites. I liked Quinn, but he never seemed really comfortable in the rold.
    Originally posted by Mr. Boffo

    I can't help but thinking that so much of the cast has been on there forever. What ever happened to SNL being a stepping stone to something better? Because of that, so much of the stuff has been done before. Tim Meadows, who was second only to Al Franken in the amount of time spent on the show, made it 10 years. Farrell and Hammond are on 8, and Gasteyer, Kattan, and Morgan are on 7. If just a few of them left, it would really help the show, IMO. But maybe it's just because I don't like any of them as much as I liked Farley, McDonald, Hartman, Myers, or even Jimmy Fallon when he first joined (IMO, he rocks at a. being himeself b. doing impersonations and sucks at everything else).


I may be wrong, but I think the record-holder is Nealon, with 11 seasons. But I agree with your point -- it's time for some of these folks to move on. And Fallon does do some good impressions, but everything else he does has Mike Meyers/Dana Carvey written all over it. You know, that "Laugh at me I'm so cute!" thing.
ALL ORIGINAL POSTS IN THIS THREAD ARE NOW AVAILABLE
Pages: Prev 1 2Thread ahead: CRZ and SeaDawgs RAW Recap
Next thread: Kaiju Big Battle
Previous thread: Old Mankind transcript.
(9754 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
Related threads: Who should Rock bring with him to SNL this time? - SNL question - More...
The 7 - Pro Wrestling - Rock & Saturday Night LiveRegister and log in to post!

The W™ message board - 7 year recycle

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim
This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.345 seconds.