The W
Views: 102398790
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Color chart | Log in for more!
1.2.08 1355
The 7 - Internet & Computers - Audio Question and need of help
This thread has 1 referral leading to it
Register and log in to post!
(423 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
Post (3 total)
Polska kielbasa
Level: 26

Posts: 102/125
EXP: 96603
For next: 5674

Since: 2.1.02

Since last post: 3536 days
Last activity: 3418 days
#1 Posted on 5.3.05 1430.16
Reposted on: 5.3.12 1430.56
I'm making a movie for my brother to send to Iraq. The problem I'm having is this.
The local radio station took ACDC's For Those About to Rock and put all kinds of audio cuts from movies in it. Pattons speach about greasing the treads of tanks with the guts of our enemys, some stuff from Aliens, its really cool. Anyway I wanted to have this running in the background of the movie I'm making for him. Whenever I try and import the audio it says

{Forthoseaboutorock.wma is protected using digital rights management and cannot be imported.}

Does anyone know how I can get around this?

Thanks in advance.
Promote this thread!
Mr. Boffo
Level: 115

Posts: 891/3844
EXP: 16333325
For next: 478090

Since: 24.3.02
From: Oshkosh, WI

Since last post: 553 days
Last activity: 513 days
#2 Posted on 5.3.05 1452.56
Reposted on: 5.3.12 1453.10
From what I can tell from searching the net, it seems like the only way to get around that would be to "rerecord" it. Basically, play it on your computer and rerecord it into a different file at the same time. And I'm not sure how you'd go about doing that. If you don't get any other answers, it appears like has a program that is made to do that.
Guru Zim
SQL Dejection
Level: 140

Posts: 3280/6052
EXP: 32625279
For next: 661208

Since: 9.12.01
From: Bay City, OR

Since last post: 5 days
Last activity: 3 hours
#3 Posted on 5.3.05 1631.47
Reposted on: 5.3.12 1633.43
If you are sure that you have the legal right to use the file, you could do one of two things. One, you could contact the radio station for a copy that didn't have the WMA encoding on it. Your second option would be to use a virtual soundcard to record the output and make a new file.

I am not a lawyer and I'm not giving you legal advice. You may want to check here: to read up on fair use and DRM.

If you look here: at the endangered items, total recorder seems to do what you want it to.
Thread ahead: Microsoft Word Help Needed
Next thread: RIP: Jef Raskin...
Previous thread: It's these DAMN viruses!!
(423 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
The 7 - Internet & Computers - Audio Question and need of helpRegister and log in to post!

The W™ message board - 7 year recycle

©2001-2015 Brothers Zim
This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.245 seconds.