Since last post: 3296 days Last activity: 801 days
#22 Posted on 22.11.04 1247.55 Reposted on: 22.11.11 1247.56
Originally posted by ScottChristI do like that Tressel has come in and won three out of his first four since John Cooper being deathly afraid of Michigan made the rivalry get a little down in terms of me being afraid of Ohio State, like I'm supposed to be. I was this year and for very good reason. Troy Smith is going to be a good one. Santonio Holmes and Ted Ginn can just fly. Holmes burned Jackson a few times and that's something to be proud of.
Here's what made me happy about that game (besides the win, of course):
1. Tressel opened up the offense. I raised an eyebrow when he brought in Branden Joe as the main running back, but it worked. And he opened up the playbook, and let Troy Smith work.
2. Ohio State had THREE drives over 80 yards. I might be hard pressed to find three drives ALL SEASON over 80 yards. The ability to sustain long drives and keep Michigan off the field was as crucial as the defense playing well, which it did.
3. They didn't buckle under the opening Michigan barrage. When it became 14-7 within a blink of an eye, I was convinced the Buckeyes would fold up the tent. But the defense turned it on, and just shut Michigan down.
4. Troy Smith: 13/23 passing, 241 yards. Rushing: 18 carries for 145 yards. Just like Craig Krenzel four years ago, Troy Smith earned the starting QB job for the Buckeyes. Or, he *should* have. Here's hoping we don't get to relive the "glory" years of the Bobby Hoying/Stanley Jackson two-headed quarterback era.
5. Ted Ginn.
6. Braylon Edwards drop on 4th and 1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
(edited by Battlezone on 22.11.04 1049)
ALL ORIGINAL POSTS IN THIS THREAD ARE NOW AVAILABLE