#2 Posted on 19.9.04 1628.07 Reposted on: 19.9.11 1629.01
I downloaded SP2 for XP last night, but I chickened out at the last second & I havent installed it yet. I've heard from some people that it's a good thing, but I've heard from other people that it is the root of all evil.
Anyone care to share their experiences, or maybe try to talk me into/out of installing it?
Since last post: 2131 days Last activity: 601 days
#3 Posted on 19.9.04 1822.47 Reposted on: 19.9.11 1823.15
I didn't do much for my computer (I already have firewall program), but my naive side told me that I needed it for my computer. Of course, then IE stopped working for me on numerous websites. Maybe this patch will fix it? I'm convinced that there's a connection between SP2 and IE no longer working on my computer.
Since last post: 1062 days Last activity: 1041 days
#5 Posted on 20.9.04 0556.37 Reposted on: 20.9.11 0559.01
Originally posted by DJ FrostyFreeze Anyone care to share their experiences, or maybe try to talk me into/out of installing it?
I installed SP2 a couple of weeks ago. The worst thing I can say about it so far is it bugs me to switch to Automatic Updates. It really seems to have had very little, if any, negative impact on my system. I browse mostly with Mozilla, but haven't had any IE worries.
MS04-028 - Buffer Overrun in JPEG Processing (GDI+) Could Allow Code Execution (833987)
- Affected Software:
- Windows XP and Windows XP Service Pack 1 - Windows XP 64-Bit Edition Service Pack 1 - Windows XP 64-Bit Edition Version 2003 - Windows Server 2003 - Windows Server 2003 64-Bit Edition
- Office 2003 - Office XP Service Pack 3 - Visio 2003 (All versions) - Visio 2002 Service Pack 2 (All versions) - Project 2003 (All versions) - Project 2002 Service Pack 1 (All versions)
- Review bulletin MS04-O28 for information about these affected operating systems and applications:
- Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Service Pack 6a - Windows NT Server 4.0 Service Pack 6a - Windows NT Server 4.0 Terminal Server Edition Service Pack 6 - Windows 2000 Service Pack 2 - Windows 2000 Service Pack 3 - Windows 2000 Service Pack 4
- The Microsoft .NET Framework, version 1.0 - The Microsoft .NET Framework, version 1.1 - Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1
- Picture It! 2002 (All versions) - Greetings 2002 - Picture It! version 7.0 (All versions) - Digital Image Pro version 7.0 - Picture It! version 9 (All versions) Including Picture It! Library) - Digital Image Pro version 9 - Digital Image Suite version 9 - Producer for Microsoft Office PowerPoint (All versions)
- Visual Studio 2003 .NET - Visual Basic .NET Standard 2003 - Visual C# .NET Standard 2003 - Visual C++ .NET Standard 2003 - Visual J# .NET Standard 2003 - Visual Studio 2002 .NET - Visual Basic .NET Standard 2002 - Visual C# .NET Standard 2002 - Visual C++ .NET Standard 2002 - The Microsoft .NET Framework, version 1.0 SDK - Platform SDK Redistributable: GDI+
- Review the FAQ section of bulletin MS04-O28 for information about these operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows 98 - Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition (SE) - Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition (ME)
- Impact: Remote Code Execution - Version Number: 1.0
(edited by Guru Zim on 20.9.04 1258)
ALL ORIGINAL POSTS IN THIS THREAD ARE NOW AVAILABLE