The W
Views: 101546419
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Color chart | Log in for more!
22.12.07 1117
The 7 - Pro Wrestling - While the W was down.... Register and log in to post!
(3046 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (13 total)
StaggerLee
Scrapple
Level: 141

Posts: 1456/6372
EXP: 33979563
For next: 140535

Since: 3.10.02
From: Right side of the tracks

Since last post: 3 hours
Last activity: 3 hours
#1 Posted on 26.5.04 0835.50
Reposted on: 26.5.11 0836.30
The five year anniversery of Owen Hart's death passed us by.


RIP Owen, thanks for the memories.
Promote this thread!
svt4real
Cotto
Level: 17

Posts: 44/50
EXP: 22150
For next: 2593

Since: 24.3.04
From: kc,mo

Since last post: 3821 days
Last activity: 3820 days
AIM:  
#2 Posted on 26.5.04 0847.40
Reposted on: 26.5.11 0848.52
I agree rip!!!
leggo
Mettwurst
Level: 29

Posts: 51/164
EXP: 131595
For next: 16291

Since: 23.3.04
From: Dublin, Ireland

Since last post: 3777 days
Last activity: 3621 days
AIM:  
#3 Posted on 26.5.04 1046.59
Reposted on: 26.5.11 1050.00
Who cares really? You know sometimes I swear that the Internet cares more about a wrestler's life than their families'. Owen's gone, but we all knew that. If you're weekend was spent remembering him then I truely question your sanity.
fuelinjected
Banger
Level: 97

Posts: 2189/2679
EXP: 9254631
For next: 62727

Since: 12.10.02
From: Canada

Since last post: 3322 days
Last activity: 3322 days
#4 Posted on 26.5.04 1117.21
Reposted on: 26.5.11 1118.31
Why is it insane to remember someone who gave us wrestling fans years of entertainment only to tragically die?

Would you rather people just forgot about him?
StaggerLee
Scrapple
Level: 141

Posts: 1457/6372
EXP: 33979563
For next: 140535

Since: 3.10.02
From: Right side of the tracks

Since last post: 3 hours
Last activity: 3 hours
#5 Posted on 26.5.04 1155.08
Reposted on: 26.5.11 1156.56
Maybe I would have forgotten a bit easier if I hadnt been at the RAW IS OWEN show the next night in St Louis.
Sorry for remembering somebody, dick.
Matt Tracker
Scrapple
Level: 125

Posts: 440/4915
EXP: 22452712
For next: 1515

Since: 8.5.03
From: North Carolina

Since last post: 3 days
Last activity: 15 min.
#6 Posted on 26.5.04 1221.22
Reposted on: 26.5.11 1222.17
    Originally posted by StaggerLee
    Maybe I would have forgotten a bit easier if I hadnt been at the RAW IS OWEN show the next night in St Louis.


I saw the PPV and called my then-fellow employee at the local newspaper. He's a giant wrestling fan and the city editor. He got the AP article into the newspaper for the next morning.

I was at the WCW Nitro the next night in Greenville with my Owen sign and appreciated the announcer (Gary?) making note of Owen's death and allowing the fans to sound their appreciation for him.

Hoodle
Bauerwurst
Level: 24

Posts: 102/105
EXP: 68227
For next: 9899

Since: 19.12.03

Since last post: 3425 days
Last activity: 3420 days
#7 Posted on 26.5.04 1400.24
Reposted on: 26.5.11 1402.20
    Originally posted by leggo
    Who cares really? You know sometimes I swear that the Internet cares more about a wrestler's life than their families'. Owen's gone, but we all knew that. If you're weekend was spent remembering him then I truely question your sanity.


Don't be a ding-dong.


Thanks Owen, RIP.



(edited by Hoodle on 26.5.04 1200)
Curlymessyfringe
Cotto
Level: 15

Posts: 34/39
EXP: 15272
For next: 1112

Since: 17.3.04
From: Bradford, England

Since last post: 3325 days
Last activity: 3282 days
#8 Posted on 26.5.04 1447.07
Reposted on: 26.5.11 1454.18
RIP Owen

Plain and simple
leggo
Mettwurst
Level: 29

Posts: 53/164
EXP: 131595
For next: 16291

Since: 23.3.04
From: Dublin, Ireland

Since last post: 3777 days
Last activity: 3621 days
AIM:  
#9 Posted on 26.5.04 1910.55
Reposted on: 26.5.11 1911.10
I'm just saying I don't like all of this false caring business that everyone seems to have with regards to deaths in wrestling. I mean, what good is writing RIP on a message board going to do. As far as I know, heaven doesn't have a net connection and chances are Martha doesn't read The W, so why pretend that you're still traumatised by this death when you're really not?
fuelinjected
Banger
Level: 97

Posts: 2190/2679
EXP: 9254631
For next: 62727

Since: 12.10.02
From: Canada

Since last post: 3322 days
Last activity: 3322 days
#10 Posted on 26.5.04 1928.14
Reposted on: 26.5.11 1929.01
    Originally posted by leggo
    I'm just saying I don't like all of this false caring business that everyone seems to have with regards to deaths in wrestling. I mean, what good is writing RIP on a message board going to do. As far as I know, heaven doesn't have a net connection and chances are Martha doesn't read The W, so why pretend that you're still traumatised by this death when you're really not?


It's called human emotion, compassion. It's not like he overdosed on pills or steroids and was a scummy son of a bitch. He was a great family man who died in a tragic accident. If that doesn't make you feel something inside, you're pretty fucking cold.

What's so wrong with remembering a fallen man instead of saying "Fuck him he's dead"? No one's acting personally traumatized about it. We're just saying that we still remember all that he gave us as a pro-wrestler. As fans we had a connection, a small one, but a connection with Owen.

Do you act like this for people who feel bad about the people who died on 9/11? I mean we didn't know them all so fuck 'em we shouldn't say anything.
ges7184
Lap cheong
Level: 76

Posts: 1021/1494
EXP: 3972254
For next: 33825

Since: 7.1.02
From: Birmingham, AL

Since last post: 104 days
Last activity: 16 hours
#11 Posted on 26.5.04 2006.06
Reposted on: 26.5.11 2006.54
leggo, I'm in the same boat as you, I really don't get it. All I can say is that some people are funny about death and celebrities. I also think some people just feel the need to show how compassionate they are by such a grand gesture as posting on an internet board. I tend to think such gestures are generally empty, probably really disingenuous, and definitely pointless. But you are going to get them regardless.
OKterrific

Level: 19

Posts: 67/67
EXP: 34544
For next: 1233

Since: 10.2.04

Since last post: 3861 days
Last activity: 3779 days
#12 Posted on 26.5.04 2041.14
Reposted on: 26.5.11 2042.59
    Originally posted by ges7184
    leggo, I'm in the same boat as you, I really don't get it. All I can say is that some people are funny about death and celebrities. I also think some people just feel the need to show how compassionate they are by such a grand gesture as posting on an internet board. I tend to think such gestures are generally empty, probably really disingenuous, and definitely pointless. But you are going to get them regardless.


Well, thank you so fricking much, Dr. Freud.

Heaven forbid people take a moment to rememeber someone they enjoyed watching perform. I guess it's just so cool to be a total ass.
CRZ
Big Brother
Administrator
Level: 214

Posts: 4708/16402
EXP: 144938110
For next: 787310

Since: 9.12.01
From: ミネアポリス

Since last post: 8 hours
Last activity: 8 hours
AIM:  
ICQ:  
Y!:
#13 Posted on 26.5.04 2048.36
Reposted on: 26.5.11 2049.33
    Originally posted by CRZ
    At least with the board not up, I didn't have to close another Owen Hart thread.


Well OF COURSE I should have known better.

ALL ORIGINAL POSTS IN THIS THREAD ARE NOW AVAILABLE
Thread ahead: Bought Wrestlemania on DVD Yesterday......
Next thread: smackdown spoilers
Previous thread: What's next for Eugene after his Rock rub?
(3046 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
The 7 - Pro Wrestling - While the W was down....Register and log in to post!

The W™ message board - 7 year recycle

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim
This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.326 seconds.