The W
Views: 104015378
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Color chart | Log in for more!
28.4.08 1331
The 7 - Random - Yahoo mail question Register and log in to post!
(1057 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (10 total)
StaggerLee
Scrapple
Level: 143

Posts: 1429/6458
EXP: 35159833
For next: 672062

Since: 3.10.02
From: Right side of the tracks

Since last post: 2 hours
Last activity: 1 hour
#1 Posted on 18.5.04 1217.40
Reposted on: 18.5.11 1218.15
If any other W's use Yahoo for thier email, I was wondering if any of you are experiencing problems with your mail boxes. Mine has been constantly showing one new mail, yet when I open the box up, no new messages are there, I am sure none of them are marked "mark as unread", so I am wondering if anybody else has that problem.

Also, I will delete a message, and it will return me to the list of messages, and the one I just deleted is still there.

Any suggestions?
Promote this thread!
Grimis
Scrapple
Level: 125

Posts: 3198/4700
EXP: 22029286
For next: 424941

Since: 11.7.02
From: MD

Since last post: 1456 days
Last activity: 5 days
#2 Posted on 18.5.04 1254.33
Reposted on: 18.5.11 1254.36
I just chceked mine a minute ago and experienced none of these problems.
Zeruel
Thirty Millionth Hit
Moderator
Level: 132

Posts: 2115/5248
EXP: 26514514
For next: 617490

Since: 2.1.02
From: The Silver Spring in the Land of Mary.

Since last post: 3 days
Last activity: 13 hours
#3 Posted on 18.5.04 1302.31
Reposted on: 18.5.11 1303.08
When I go to Yahoo's main page, it will sometimes still say I have new mail until I refresh the page. Might be a problem for you too.
OlFuzzyBastard
Knackwurst
Level: 104

Posts: 2024/3043
EXP: 11566841
For next: 295324

Since: 28.4.02
From: Pittsburgh, PA

Since last post: 2 days
Last activity: 1 day
AIM:  
#4 Posted on 18.5.04 1312.14
Reposted on: 18.5.11 1312.57
For reasons I can't completely understand, I occasionally get a piece of spam that is somehow dated from sometime in 2001 or earlier. When that happens, I have to cycle through my entire account - which has been collecting messages since sometime around 1998 - and find the hidden mail. That could be what's happening here.
David Adams
Boerewors
Level: 42

Posts: 214/379
EXP: 514584
For next: 6782

Since: 2.1.02
From: NJ

Since last post: 26 days
Last activity: 8 hours
AIM:  
#5 Posted on 18.5.04 1345.04
Reposted on: 18.5.11 1345.33
    Originally posted by StaggerLee
    Also, I will delete a message, and it will return me to the list of messages, and the one I just deleted is still there.

    Any suggestions?


That's happened to me over the past few days too. But once you go to your mailbox and actually check and delete the message, it should be gone for good. I thought that was strange too.
redsoxnation
Scrapple
Level: 153

Posts: 3822/7534
EXP: 44646180
For next: 677327

Since: 24.7.02

Since last post: 666 days
Last activity: 666 days
#6 Posted on 18.5.04 1455.16
Reposted on: 18.5.11 1455.49
    Originally posted by StaggerLee
    If any other W's use Yahoo for thier email, I was wondering if any of you are experiencing problems with your mail boxes. Mine has been constantly showing one new mail, yet when I open the box up, no new messages are there, I am sure none of them are marked "mark as unread", so I am wondering if anybody else has that problem.

    Also, I will delete a message, and it will return me to the list of messages, and the one I just deleted is still there.

    Any suggestions?






I've had the 'delete e-mail and its still there' happen to me a few times over the past few days, but just in my bulk-spam folder. In terms of regular email, I haven't had a problem. The old email buried has occurred to me before, where I've had to go looking for the mysterious new message.
calvinh0560
Boudin rouge
Level: 48

Posts: 503/518
EXP: 822137
For next: 1411

Since: 3.1.02
From: People's Republic of Massachusetts

Since last post: 747 days
Last activity: 3 hours
#7 Posted on 18.5.04 1717.00
Reposted on: 18.5.11 1720.57
    Originally posted by OlFuzzyBastard
    For reasons I can't completely understand, I occasionally get a piece of spam that is somehow dated from sometime in 2001 or earlier. When that happens, I have to cycle through my entire account - which has been collecting messages since sometime around 1998 - and find the hidden mail. That could be what's happening here.


I have the same thing happen to me. A quick way to find the piece of mail to to just view "unread" instead of "all"
StaggerLee
Scrapple
Level: 143

Posts: 1435/6458
EXP: 35159833
For next: 672062

Since: 3.10.02
From: Right side of the tracks

Since last post: 2 hours
Last activity: 1 hour
#8 Posted on 18.5.04 1901.01
Reposted on: 18.5.11 1901.46
I tried everything, I UNREAD all the messages, I emptied out every box, I did everything I can think of. It doesnt effect anything really, it is just annoying to log on and see NEW MAIL and have none there.
Packman V2
Bratwurst
Level: 72

Posts: 62/1357
EXP: 3185206
For next: 138572

Since: 16.3.04
From: Albuquerque, NM

Since last post: 21 hours
Last activity: 16 min.
AIM:  
Y!:
#9 Posted on 19.5.04 1254.29
Reposted on: 19.5.11 1254.40
I haven't been having any problems with Y! Mail lately..although I'm glad they don't count your bulk mail and trash against your message quota...now, I don't have to worry about those things...it's very convienent.
Maestroken
Cotto
Level: 17

Posts: 26/44
EXP: 20355
For next: 4388

Since: 2.1.02
From: Three blocks east of the One Man Gang

Since last post: 3506 days
Last activity: 2903 days
#10 Posted on 21.5.04 1352.23
Reposted on: 21.5.11 1352.33
I've found that it's just the page still cached from before you checked the mail. At least that's the case when that happens to me. If you refresh, it'll show none again.

ALL ORIGINAL POSTS IN THIS THREAD ARE NOW AVAILABLE
Thread ahead: Naked Rollercoaster
Next thread: The much anticipated official FOX lineup
Previous thread: Oh Boy!: Rahman vs Ruiz II
(1057 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
The 7 - Random - Yahoo mail questionRegister and log in to post!

The W™ message board - 7 year recycle

ZimBoard
©2001-2015 Brothers Zim
This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.256 seconds.