The W
Views: 130911180
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Color chart | Log in for more!
25.2.11 1155
The 7 - Random - Star Wars Episode III Question Register and log in to post!
Pages: 1 2 Next(1330 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (29 total)
Stilton
Frankfurter
Level: 59

Posts: 334/793
EXP: 1599729
For next: 73409

Since: 7.2.04
From: Canada

Since last post: 4404 days
Last activity: 4404 days
#1 Posted on 29.4.04 1112.12
Reposted on: 29.4.11 1112.17
Anyone know where I can find pictures of the new Darth Vader suit?
Promote this thread!
Sec19Row53
Lap cheong
Level: 83

Posts: 442/1668
EXP: 5231771
For next: 200473

Since: 2.1.02
From: Oconomowoc, WI

Since last post: 15 days
Last activity: 1 day
#2 Posted on 29.4.04 1229.37
Reposted on: 29.4.11 1230.02
Hve you tried theforce.net?
Parts Unknown
Lap cheong
Level: 84

Posts: 1277/1733
EXP: 5540528
For next: 121448

Since: 2.1.02
From: Darkenwood

Since last post: 151 days
Last activity: 151 days
#3 Posted on 29.4.04 1341.26
Reposted on: 29.4.11 1341.36
The question I have is what will be the title of the third one?
Zeruel
Thirty Millionth Hit
Moderator
Level: 136

Posts: 2084/5283
EXP: 29489621
For next: 607371

Since: 2.1.02
From: The Silver Spring in the Land of Mary.

Since last post: 283 days
Last activity: 225 days
#4 Posted on 29.4.04 1400.22
Reposted on: 29.4.11 1400.22
    Originally posted by Parts Unknown
    The question I have is what will be the title of the third one?


I think "The Downward Sprial" has a nice double meaning to it.

TheBucsFan
TheChiefsFan
Level: 113

Posts: 1529/3428
EXP: 15414155
For next: 404454

Since: 2.1.02

Since last post: 1293 days
Last activity: 1293 days
#5 Posted on 29.4.04 1502.49
Reposted on: 29.4.11 1503.53
    Originally posted by Parts Unknown
    The question I have is what will be the title of the third one?


"The Rise of the Empire"

There's a trailer out there for it that I downloaded off Kazaa.
eviljonhunt81
Pepperoni
Level: 69

Posts: 892/1084
EXP: 2739919
For next: 129839

Since: 6.1.02
From: not Japan

Since last post: 4209 days
Last activity: 4205 days
#6 Posted on 29.4.04 1514.10
Reposted on: 29.4.11 1514.16
I thought they changed the name to "The Creeping Fear," or something similarly obtuse.
Freeway
Scrapple
Level: 114

Posts: 1927/3504
EXP: 15927484
For next: 382133

Since: 3.1.02
From: Calgary

Since last post: 1526 days
Last activity: 1214 days
#7 Posted on 29.4.04 1547.05
Reposted on: 29.4.11 1547.53
LucasFilm has been ultra-paranoid since the 1980s, even shooting the duration of Return of the Jedi under the working title of Revenge of the Jedi just to f*ck with the smarks. They haven't announced a title yet, but it's expected that they will sometime during the summer (like the did with Episodes I & II).
ThreepMe
Morcilla
Level: 55

Posts: 566/641
EXP: 1241672
For next: 72526

Since: 15.2.02
From: Dallas

Since last post: 4922 days
Last activity: 4581 days
#8 Posted on 29.4.04 1601.26
Reposted on: 29.4.11 1603.02
    Originally posted by Freeway420
    LucasFilm has been ultra-paranoid since the 1980s, even shooting the duration of Return of the Jedi under the working title of Revenge of the Jedi just to f*ck with the smarks. They haven't announced a title yet, but it's expected that they will sometime during the summer (like the did with Episodes I & II).


Actually...

Blue Harvest was the code name of the then titled Revenge of the Jedi. Lucas later changed the title to Return of the Jedi because he thought Revenge was not a Jedi trait. This was a last minute change. There are "some" posters that still have a pointillism Vader head with a silhouette of Luke and Vader duking it out light sabre style in the foreground.

Lucas used Blue Harvest to throw off reporters. Similar to how he publicly announced that Episode I would begin filming in August-October of 1997, but in reality he had already shot all the principal filming by that point.

GoddamnJordan
Cotto
Level: 17

Posts: 25/48
EXP: 23666
For next: 1077

Since: 14.4.04
From: Vancouver, BC

Since last post: 3963 days
Last activity: 3011 days
#9 Posted on 29.4.04 1704.23
Reposted on: 29.4.11 1704.26
I suppose the real question regarding Episode III is, how is it not going to suck?
Nuclear Winter
Boudin rouge
Level: 49

Posts: 51/524
EXP: 866834
For next: 17055

Since: 9.11.03
From: Bedford, Michigan

Since last post: 1427 days
Last activity: 2 days
AIM:  
#10 Posted on 29.4.04 1953.04
Reposted on: 29.4.11 1953.34
If Lucas screws up Episode III, I'll hire a suicide bomber to take out Skywalker Ranch.

It SHOULD feature the killing of all prominant Jedi (with the exception of Yoda, Obi-Wan, and the just-born Luke and Leia), as well as the probable death of Padme.

It SHOULD also feature what could potentially be the greatest lightsaber duel in any of the movies, Obi-Wan VS. Anakin, leading to the creation/possible appearance of Vader.
MoeGates
Boudin blanc
Level: 94

Posts: 1633/2268
EXP: 8291973
For next: 64715

Since: 6.1.02
From: Brooklyn, NY

Since last post: 28 days
Last activity: 6 days
#11 Posted on 29.4.04 2058.25
Reposted on: 29.4.11 2058.30
Episode III is going to rock.

Episode III is exactly what everyone's been having wet dreams about since 1983. Everything is going to happen that know and want to happen.

That's the reasons everyone hated Episodes I and II (not counting Jar Jar of course). Because they know how the damn thing is going to end, so what good's the setup? All they want is stuff that directly impacts on the first three Episodes. That's why the only thing the smarks liked about I and II was the Boba Fett subplot.

Episode III is the big smark payoff, and I'm betting everyone is going to be happy.
GoddamnJordan
Cotto
Level: 17

Posts: 27/48
EXP: 23666
For next: 1077

Since: 14.4.04
From: Vancouver, BC

Since last post: 3963 days
Last activity: 3011 days
#12 Posted on 29.4.04 2116.07
Reposted on: 29.4.11 2116.35
    Originally posted by MoeGates
    Episode III is going to rock.

    Episode III is exactly what everyone's been having wet dreams about since 1983. Everything is going to happen that know and want to happen.

    That's the reasons everyone hated Episodes I and II (not counting Jar Jar of course). Because they know how the damn thing is going to end, so what good's the setup? All they want is stuff that directly impacts on the first three Episodes. That's why the only thing the smarks liked about I and II was the Boba Fett subplot.

    Episode III is the big smark payoff, and I'm betting everyone is going to be happy.



I think everyone hated Episode II was because the two leads couldn't act like they could even stand to be in the same room, let alone be in love.

Despite being payed off, I can't imagine Lucas just being able to write again all of a sudden.
estragand
Summer sausage
Level: 46

Posts: 124/439
EXP: 696324
For next: 15455

Since: 18.6.02

Since last post: 3776 days
Last activity: 3776 days
AIM:  
#13 Posted on 30.4.04 0034.03
Reposted on: 30.4.11 0034.11
I think it'll be good for one reason: when Anakin finally flips out and becomes Evil Darth, the first person he kills HAS to be Jar-jar
Tenken347
Knackwurst
Level: 106

Posts: 527/3047
EXP: 12447378
For next: 224606

Since: 27.2.03
From: Parts Unknown

Since last post: 2 hours
Last activity: 2 hours
#14 Posted on 30.4.04 0635.38
Reposted on: 30.4.11 0636.40
No, the reason everyone hated Eps. I & II was that they sucked out loud. Terrible dialogue and a camera that payed more attention to things they added in with computers than to the actual actors. Of course, in the cases of most of the principles, you probably don't want to pay attention to them anyway. Natalie Portman seems to have actually become a worse actress since she was 12. I would trust a fucking stick to emote better than her. Hayden Christensen is, simply, the worst actor I have ever seen. And while there were some very good actors in the films (Neeson, McGreggor, Lee), well, even a good actor can't shine shit.
Spaceman Spiff
Knackwurst
Level: 105

Posts: 1380/2935
EXP: 12211082
For next: 51218

Since: 2.1.02
From: Philly Suburbs

Since last post: 95 days
Last activity: 11 hours
AIM:  
#15 Posted on 30.4.04 0718.43
Reposted on: 30.4.11 0720.12
    Originally posted by estragand
    I think it'll be good for one reason: when Anakin finally flips out and becomes Evil Darth, the first person he kills HAS to be Jar-jar


Spoiler Below: Highlight text to read
Rumors indicate that Jar-Jar lives
Ozzysun
Polska kielbasa
Level: 27

Posts: 32/125
EXP: 107329
For next: 8831

Since: 2.1.02

Since last post: 4656 days
Last activity: 4538 days
AIM:  
#16 Posted on 30.4.04 0829.44
Reposted on: 30.4.11 0830.31
I think that one of the things that seperates Ep 1&2 and 4-6 is the time in which they are coming out.
Back in the 70's and early 80's there wasn't a PG-13, so unless you were pretty blatant about your swearing or your violence you were pretty much guaranteed a PG rating. I think George is still trying to keep that PG rating but he has to be more careful with some of the more grittier elements of the films.
I'm sure Vader Choking the life out of Captian Antilles, Han Solo cutting open a Tauntan and having the guts spill out and so on would have prompted a PG-13 rating, which George might not think is as family friendly as a PG rating.

On a side note, my father went to High School with George Lucas back in the day, my dad said that George was always off on his own writing his "Stupid space stories"
samoflange
Lap cheong
Level: 83

Posts: 249/1786
EXP: 5399291
For next: 32953

Since: 22.2.04
From: Cambridge, MA

Since last post: 1592 days
Last activity: 1585 days
#17 Posted on 30.4.04 0857.33
Reposted on: 30.4.11 0857.34
    Originally posted by Ozzysun
    I think that one of the things that seperates Ep 1&2 and 4-6 is the time in which they are coming out.
    Back in the 70's and early 80's there wasn't a PG-13, so unless you were pretty blatant about your swearing or your violence you were pretty much guaranteed a PG rating. I think George is still trying to keep that PG rating but he has to be more careful with some of the more grittier elements of the films.
    I'm sure Vader Choking the life out of Captian Antilles, Han Solo cutting open a Tauntan and having the guts spill out and so on would have prompted a PG-13 rating, which George might not think is as family friendly as a PG rating.

    On a side note, my father went to High School with George Lucas back in the day, my dad said that George was always off on his own writing his "Stupid space stories"


That is exactly the problem. If they weren't so damn worried about making money off these movies by appealing to every age range possible, they would be much better. And it's not even like a PG-13 rating scares away that many families. It's very disappointing, not that I'm a huge Star Wars fan anyway. I just hate to see what could potentially be awesome movies, be softened up so they can make more money.
monstersmasher
Chaurice
Level: 6

Posts: 1/4
EXP: 568
For next: 339

Since: 30.4.04

Since last post: 4903 days
Last activity: 4811 days
#18 Posted on 30.4.04 1110.27
Reposted on: 30.4.11 1113.35
I haven't read any spoilers but, I wonder if Darth will be a big part of the movie or just in it at the end. Give me more
DV, less Hayden any day for sure. I wonder if Darth will kill some Jedi? That would kick much, much more ass than just evil Anakin.
Roy.
Pepperoni
Level: 66

Posts: 126/1040
EXP: 2398378
For next: 63486

Since: 25.2.04
From: Keystone State

Since last post: 3578 days
Last activity: 2048 days
#19 Posted on 30.4.04 1137.11
Reposted on: 30.4.11 1138.03
    Originally posted by GoddamnJordan

    I think everyone hated Episode II was because the two leads couldn't act like they could even stand to be in the same room, let alone be in love.

    Despite being payed off, I can't imagine Lucas just being able to write again all of a sudden.


And I think that's really odd, because weren't Hayden and Natalie supposed to be dating?

I haven't been impressed with anything that Hayden has done (and it hasn't been much) and Natalie Portman hasn't been interesting in a movie since Beautiful Girls (and, before that, Leon). But, by the same token, Lucas has done more with less in the past.
SKLOKAZOID
Lap cheong
Level: 85

Posts: 713/1780
EXP: 5729679
For next: 168885

Since: 20.3.02
From: California

Since last post: 2 days
Last activity: 22 hours
AIM:  
#20 Posted on 30.4.04 1146.21
Reposted on: 30.4.11 1146.55
There are no known pictures of the new Darth suit, but it will be a selling point of the DVDs coming out in September.

The prequels have been lacking in respect to what the OT delivered, mainly because Lucas has piled on too much of the socio-political elements that brought about the Empire and hasn't focused on character enough. The only two people that seem to be trying in the prequels are Ewan MacGregor and Ian McDiarmid. Liam did a pretty good job in TPM, too.

There is no fun character like the suave Lando, or the macho Han Solo, either, which has really hurt things. He should have introduced Bail Organa and made him that character earlier (which would be where Leia got some of her "spunk").

It is strange, but yeah, it does seem that Natlie Portman - who was very promising for an actress of any age at 14 - has become worse over time. I actually haven't really had a problem with Hayden and I think he's done a good job mimicking both Mark Hamill and even Darth Vader's mannerisms in his acting. He has had some bad moments, but I attribute that to direction.


Spoiler Below: Highlight text to read
All indications are that Episode III will be more of a character study, following Anakin Skywalker's slippery slope to the Dark Side. It will focus mainly on Anakin's two "father figures", Obi-Wan and Palpatine, and how one gets pulled away from him while the other grows closer.

I think all of the Jedi, save Obi-Wan and Yoda, will be dead by the end of the movie.


(edited by SKLOKAZOID on 30.4.04 0955)
Pages: 1 2 NextThread ahead: YES, A BOOZE REVIEW!
Next thread: The Simpsons go back to work
Previous thread: Hosting your own web server
(1330 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
Related threads: The Creeping Fear? - Leaked Episode III footage - Hayden Christensen is the worst actor alive!! - More...
The 7 - Random - Star Wars Episode III QuestionRegister and log in to post!

The W™ message board - 7 year recycle

ZimBoard
©2001-2018 Brothers Zim
This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.354 seconds.