The W
Views: 97567980
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Color chart | Log in for more!
22.7.07 0954
The 7 - Current Events & Politics - Rumsfeld: Dirty, Dirty Liar!
This thread has 4 referrals leading to it
Register and log in to post!
(1014 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (8 total)
ThreepMe
Morcilla
Level: 53

Posts: 526/641
EXP: 1093455
For next: 63671

Since: 15.2.02
From: Dallas

Since last post: 3608 days
Last activity: 3267 days
#1 Posted on 19.3.04 0655.00
Reposted on: 19.3.11 0657.45
http://www.moveon.org/ censure/caughtonvideo/

I wonder how good it must have felt to be sitting there waiting for the B.S., then BLAMO!

Poor Rummy, he had that proverbial "hand in the cookie jar" look on his face.

HA!
Promote this thread!
Grimis
Scrapple
Level: 124

Posts: 2937/4700
EXP: 21358918
For next: 477744

Since: 11.7.02
From: MD

Since last post: 1176 days
Last activity: 973 days
#2 Posted on 19.3.04 0910.11
Reposted on: 19.3.11 0911.42
You're going to have to come up with something a little more credible than the Bank of George Soros(and incidentally a group that is being investigated for 527 violations) to pass the smell test.
ThreepMe
Morcilla
Level: 53

Posts: 527/641
EXP: 1093455
For next: 63671

Since: 15.2.02
From: Dallas

Since last post: 3608 days
Last activity: 3267 days
#3 Posted on 19.3.04 0957.25
Reposted on: 19.3.11 0958.14
    Originally posted by Grimis
    You're going to have to come up with something a little more credible than the Bank of George Soros(and incidentally a group that is being investigated for 527 violations) to pass the smell test.


I thought video footage of catching him in a flat out lie was plenty credible enough. All the violations in the world doesn't change what happened in that video.

And if by "smell test" you mean "blind faith," then you are absolutely correct.

A picture is worth a 1000 words...Video is worth a million.
PalpatineW
Lap cheong
Level: 77

Posts: 1047/1528
EXP: 4043813
For next: 147335

Since: 2.1.02
From: Getting Rowdy

Since last post: 2737 days
Last activity: 2579 days
AIM:  
#4 Posted on 19.3.04 1752.39
Reposted on: 19.3.11 1752.53
The neat thing is that nowhere in that video does Rumsfeld say Iraq is an imminent threat.
ThreepMe
Morcilla
Level: 53

Posts: 530/641
EXP: 1093455
For next: 63671

Since: 15.2.02
From: Dallas

Since last post: 3608 days
Last activity: 3267 days
#5 Posted on 19.3.04 1824.02
Reposted on: 19.3.11 1824.37
    Originally posted by PalpatineW
    The neat thing is that nowhere in that video does Rumsfeld say Iraq is an imminent threat.


But he did say that he NEVER said Iraq was an imminent threat.

And he did. And was called out on it.

Nice try.

Next.
PalpatineW
Lap cheong
Level: 77

Posts: 1048/1528
EXP: 4043813
For next: 147335

Since: 2.1.02
From: Getting Rowdy

Since last post: 2737 days
Last activity: 2579 days
AIM:  
#6 Posted on 21.3.04 0157.02
Reposted on: 21.3.11 0157.09
I can't play the video at the moment, for fear of waking folks up, but I will guarantee he never said Iraq was an imminent threat. More imminent != imminent.

If event X is going to happen in ten years, and event Y in nine years, is it proper to say that event Y is "more imminent" than evenet X, though neither event by itself would be termed imminent?
rockdotcom_2.0
Frankfurter
Level: 57

Posts: 490/763
EXP: 1425880
For next: 60057

Since: 9.1.02
From: Virginia Beach Va

Since last post: 488 days
Last activity: 104 days
AIM:  
#7 Posted on 21.3.04 0328.31
Reposted on: 21.3.11 0329.01
    Originally posted by PalpatineW
    I can't play the video at the moment, for fear of waking folks up, but I will guarantee he never said Iraq was an imminent threat. More imminent != imminent.

    If event X is going to happen in ten years, and event Y in nine years, is it proper to say that event Y is "more imminent" than evenet X, though neither event by itself would be termed imminent?




He claimed to never have said that Iraq was an "IMMEDIATE" threat. After which a quote from him was read back to him where he did in fact call Iraq an immediate threat.


Dont be mad because the Bullshit in Washington is starting to smell.
Leroy
Andouille
Level: 90

Posts: 318/2248
EXP: 7187889
For next: 747

Since: 7.2.02
From: Huntington, NY

Since last post: 11 hours
Last activity: 20 min.
#8 Posted on 21.3.04 1819.23
Reposted on: 21.3.11 1819.27
    Originally posted by rockdotcom_2.0
    He claimed to never have said that Iraq was an "IMMEDIATE" threat. After which a quote from him was read back to him where he did in fact call Iraq an immediate threat.


    Dont be mad because the Bullshit in Washington is starting to smell.


It's splitting hairs, really. They knew exactly how to spin it, without actually using the word "imminent". So they can say, "We never said 'imminent'".

Then, they go on and on about what a danger he is/was to the rest of the world - how he had all these weapons, and was plotting to do all this stuff, but he was never an "imminent" threat. You should be scared shitless of him, but he's not an "imminent" threat.

It wouldn't suprise me at all if they start a comparison between an "immediate threat" and an "imminent threat".

They painted such a picture of Hussein that I expected his sons to look like Seth Green and a mini-Hussein to be at his side.
ALL ORIGINAL POSTS IN THIS THREAD ARE NOW AVAILABLE
Thread ahead: Al-Qaida has nukes? Oh, joy...
Next thread: Democrats in Idaho fumble
Previous thread: McCain says Kerry, "not weak on defense."
(1014 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
The 7 - Current Events & Politics - Rumsfeld: Dirty, Dirty Liar!Register and log in to post!

The W™ message board - 7 year recycle

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim
This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.174 seconds.