The W
Views: 112288854
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Color chart | Log in for more!
5.5.09 1541
The 7 - Current Events & Politics - Kerry & McCain? Register and log in to post!
(1243 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (7 total)
ThreepMe
Morcilla
Level: 54

Posts: 511/641
EXP: 1169483
For next: 64394

Since: 15.2.02
From: Dallas

Since last post: 4261 days
Last activity: 3920 days
#1 Posted on 10.3.04 1325.29
Reposted on: 10.3.11 1328.55
http://news.yahoo.com/ news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/ 20040310/ap_on_el_pr/ kerry_mccain

I know it'll never happen, but wouldn't this be pretty awesome?
Promote this thread!
Grimis
Scrapple
Level: 126

Posts: 2911/4700
EXP: 22891587
For next: 192580

Since: 11.7.02
From: MD

Since last post: 1829 days
Last activity: 284 days
#2 Posted on 10.3.04 1340.23
Reposted on: 10.3.11 1342.00
No, not particularly.
ThreepMe
Morcilla
Level: 54

Posts: 512/641
EXP: 1169483
For next: 64394

Since: 15.2.02
From: Dallas

Since last post: 4261 days
Last activity: 3920 days
#3 Posted on 10.3.04 1411.19
Reposted on: 10.3.11 1415.16
I think it would. A bipartisan ticket.

Just as long as they end up balancing each other instead of butting heads.

Von Maestro
Boudin rouge
Level: 48

Posts: 72/515
EXP: 784235
For next: 39313

Since: 6.1.04
From: New York

Since last post: 104 days
Last activity: 2 hours
#4 Posted on 10.3.04 1415.00
Reposted on: 10.3.11 1418.50
    Originally posted by ThreepMe
    I think it would. A bipartisan ticket.


If by "bipartisan ticket" you mean, someone who is a Democrat & someone who says he is a Republican but is basically a Democrat, then yes it would be.

To call Kerry/McCain a "bipartisan ticket", would be like calling a Bush/Miller ticket "bipartisan"...
eviljonhunt81
Pepperoni
Level: 67

Posts: 847/1084
EXP: 2581733
For next: 11153

Since: 6.1.02
From: not Japan

Since last post: 3548 days
Last activity: 3544 days
#5 Posted on 10.3.04 1439.17
Reposted on: 10.3.11 1444.29
    Originally posted by Von Maestro
      Originally posted by ThreepMe
      I think it would. A bipartisan ticket.


    If by "bipartisan ticket" you mean, someone who is a Democrat & someone who says he is a Republican but is basically a Democrat, then yes it would be.

    To call Kerry/McCain a "bipartisan ticket", would be like calling a Bush/Miller ticket "bipartisan"...


Besides not exactly being thrilled with the President, how is McCain a Democrat?
DrDirt
Banger
Level: 99

Posts: 550/2729
EXP: 9661965
For next: 338070

Since: 8.10.03
From: flyover country

Since last post: 38 days
Last activity: 9 hours
#6 Posted on 10.3.04 1443.42
Reposted on: 10.3.11 1446.19
    Originally posted by Von Maestro
      Originally posted by ThreepMe
      I think it would. A bipartisan ticket.


    If by "bipartisan ticket" you mean, someone who is a Democrat & someone who says he is a Republican but is basically a Democrat, then yes it would be.

    To call Kerry/McCain a "bipartisan ticket", would be like calling a Bush/Miller ticket "bipartisan"...


You know earlier alot of Rep's were whacking the Dem's because of not having a place in the party for people like Zell Miller. This is the same thing.

Why is it today you may only believe a particular set of items and agree with the leadership or you're not really part of that party. The reasons the Dem's are in trouble today is they forgeot the big tent.
Von Maestro
Boudin rouge
Level: 48

Posts: 73/515
EXP: 784235
For next: 39313

Since: 6.1.04
From: New York

Since last post: 104 days
Last activity: 2 hours
#7 Posted on 10.3.04 1444.47
Reposted on: 10.3.11 1446.50
    Originally posted by eviljonhunt81
    Besides not exactly being thrilled with the President, how is McCain a Democrat?


Many of his co-sponsored bills, were more Left than Right. His Campaign Finance Reform legislation is the first that springs to mind...

    Originally posted by DrDirt
    You know earlier alot of Rep's were whacking the Dem's because of not having a place in the party for people like Zell Miller. This is the same thing.

    Why is it today you may only believe a particular set of items and agree with the leadership or you're not really part of that party. The reasons the Dem's are in trouble today is they forgeot the big tent.


My response was not meant to imply that there is no place for McCain in the Republican Party, or to say that Miller shouldn't be a Democrat. I was just pointing out that Kerry/McCain would not be a dream bipartisan simply because one has a "D" next to his name & the other an "R"...

(edit to respond to DrDirt's post... :-)

(edited by Von Maestro on 10.3.04 1350)
ALL ORIGINAL POSTS IN THIS THREAD ARE NOW AVAILABLE
Thread ahead: NO Iraqi WMD's in a Decade?
Next thread: California Legislators proposes 14-year old voting age
Previous thread: Fine per person watching?
(1243 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
The 7 - Current Events & Politics - Kerry & McCain?Register and log in to post!

The W™ message board - 7 year recycle

ZimBoard
©2001-2015 Brothers Zim
This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.366 seconds.