The W
Views: 100043517
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Color chart | Log in for more!
25.10.07 1254
The 7 - Site Bashing - Negative Sites Register and log in to post!
(164 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (11 total)
themaker
Linguica
Level: 20

Posts: 2/71
EXP: 37782
For next: 4657

Since: 24.11.03

Since last post: 3870 days
Last activity: 3857 days
#1 Posted on 1.12.03 1900.53
Reposted on: 1.12.10 1900.58
I don't know about all of you, but I'm getting really tired of reading all of these sites where if they can't think of anything original to say, they just go out there and make fun of the product, or of the fans. What the hell. I realise that wrestling isn't a real sport like Football or Baseball, but you would never find the guys over at ESPN.com ripping on the league's without coming up with some viable solutions. I want more sites where people appreciate the things that the WWE does right instead of just ripping them a new one for the couple of things they do wrong. Take this guy for example. At least he's trying to find the positive, as well as the other guys who write there. If guys like Grut/Tito/Hyatte/Eric S, would stop bitching about their personal problems, and start focusing on the product, they might find there are a few things worth watching for.



(edited by themaker on 5.12.03 0913)

(edited by themaker on 8.12.03 1323)
Promote this thread!
CRZ
Big Brother
Administrator
Level: 213

Posts: 3318/16309
EXP: 142829475
For next: 537432

Since: 9.12.01
From: ミネアポリス

Since last post: 19 hours
Last activity: 14 min.
AIM:  
ICQ:  
Y!:
#2 Posted on 1.12.03 1910.22
Reposted on: 1.12.10 1910.45
    Originally posted by themaker
    I don't know about all of you, but I'm getting really tired of reading all of these sites where if they can't think of anything original to say, they just go out there and make fun of the product, or of the fans. What the hell. I realise that wrestling isn't a real sport like Football or Baseball, but you would never find the guys over at ESPN.com ripping on the league's without coming up with some viable solutions. I want more sites where people appreciate the things that the WWE does right instead of just ripping them a new one for the couple of things they do wrong. Take this guy for example. At least he's trying to find the positive, as well as the other guys who write there. If guys like Grut/Tito/Hyatte/Eric S, would stop bitching about their personal problems, and start focusing on the product, they might find there are a few things worth watching for.


You're not a shill for this site, are you? Because, well, you've posted twice in two weeks, and both times you've wanted people to go click over there...and the site doesn't seem to have opened too much before you'd started posting here. Just looking for full disclosure and all that.

On the plus side, it looks like Llakor has found another forum for his IWS press releases. ;-)
themaker
Linguica
Level: 20

Posts: 3/71
EXP: 37782
For next: 4657

Since: 24.11.03

Since last post: 3870 days
Last activity: 3857 days
#3 Posted on 1.12.03 1915.37
Reposted on: 1.12.10 1915.42
Sorry about the shilling, I promised my friend I would help them out, although it is a good site... I'll be a good boy now
And who is Llakor?

(edited by themaker on 1.12.03 1716)
CRZ
Big Brother
Administrator
Level: 213

Posts: 3319/16309
EXP: 142829475
For next: 537432

Since: 9.12.01
From: ミネアポリス

Since last post: 19 hours
Last activity: 14 min.
AIM:  
ICQ:  
Y!:
#4 Posted on 1.12.03 1916.30
Reposted on: 1.12.10 1918.04
    Originally posted by themaker
    Sorry about the shilling, I promised my friend I would help them out, although it is a good site... I'll be a good boy now ;)
I don't mind the shilling, so long as you're up front about it. Good luck!
grutman
Pinkelwurst
Level: 13

Posts: 21/28
EXP: 9647
For next: 620

Since: 17.3.03
From: NYC

Since last post: 3851 days
Last activity: 3848 days
AIM:  
#5 Posted on 1.12.03 2045.59
Reposted on: 1.12.10 2046.10
I don't write about wrestling anymore, jerk.
themaker
Linguica
Level: 20

Posts: 4/71
EXP: 37782
For next: 4657

Since: 24.11.03

Since last post: 3870 days
Last activity: 3857 days
#6 Posted on 2.12.03 0151.51
Reposted on: 2.12.10 0155.41
Hey, I'm sorry if I offended you, not my intention. I think you're a great writer; God knows I've laughed my balls off reading Junk News Huzzah plenty of times, have loved your Wrestling Tales, and think your one acts are great. I didn't realize that you stopped writing about wrestling, and it was probably the right move, 'cause it was obvious that you weren't enjoying it anymore. All I was trying to say is that if people are so negative about the product, or just don't like writing about it anymore, they probably shouldn't. No disrespect.

Llakor
Landjager
Level: 62

Posts: 167/930
EXP: 1940040
For next: 44657

Since: 2.1.02
From: Montreal, Quebec, CANADA

Since last post: 563 days
Last activity: 555 days
AIM:  
#7 Posted on 6.12.03 1055.37
Reposted on: 6.12.10 1055.45
    Originally posted by CRZ
    On the plus side, it looks like Llakor has found another forum for his IWS press releases. ;-)


Because you know if you look in the dictionary under ubiquitous, there's a picture of the Foul King.

Psychosaga
Chaurice
Level: 5

Posts: 2/4
EXP: 504
For next: 25

Since: 9.12.03
From: USA

Since last post: 3971 days
Last activity: 3929 days
#8 Posted on 9.12.03 1930.02
Reposted on: 9.12.10 1930.41
ok so im a little new to this... apparently i should have posted my thread here.... what i said was that i checked out theMaker's friend's site www.wrestling-stuff.com and really liked... it's pretty cool and has no pop ups.... good work
CRZ
Big Brother
Administrator
Level: 213

Posts: 3394/16309
EXP: 142829475
For next: 537432

Since: 9.12.01
From: ミネアポリス

Since last post: 19 hours
Last activity: 14 min.
AIM:  
ICQ:  
Y!:
#9 Posted on 9.12.03 1931.42
Reposted on: 9.12.10 1931.57
    Originally posted by Psychosaga
    ok so im a little new to this... apparently i should have posted my thread here.... what i said was that i checked out theMaker's friend's site www.wrestling-stuff.com and really liked... it's pretty cool and has no pop ups.... good work
I'm sorry, but when somebody registers and their very first post is ANOTHER ad, I get a little suspicous.

(Also, when their SECOND post is EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE POST I JUST DELETED)
Psychosaga
Chaurice
Level: 5

Posts: 3/4
EXP: 504
For next: 25

Since: 9.12.03
From: USA

Since last post: 3971 days
Last activity: 3929 days
#10 Posted on 9.12.03 1942.24
Reposted on: 9.12.10 1942.27
what... i was trolling this board saw his link checked out the site and posted... then it got erased so i reposted where you think it should have gone in the first place... man sorry i can't help out a fledgling site that seemed pretty cool... I haven't posted on this board before, and didn't want my first post to be in the midst of some major controversy/drama... guess that didn't work out
:)
CRZ
Big Brother
Administrator
Level: 213

Posts: 3396/16309
EXP: 142829475
For next: 537432

Since: 9.12.01
From: ミネアポリス

Since last post: 19 hours
Last activity: 14 min.
AIM:  
ICQ:  
Y!:
#11 Posted on 9.12.03 2000.50
Reposted on: 9.12.10 2000.57
    Originally posted by Psychosaga
    I haven't posted on this board before, and didn't want my first post to be in the midst of some major controversy/drama... guess that didn't work out
    :)
Hahahahaha - look around, I make EVERYTHING into major controversy/drama.

PS I think you meant "lurking" instead of "trolling" ;-)
ALL ORIGINAL POSTS IN THIS THREAD ARE NOW AVAILABLE
Thread ahead: Grut wrote a Wrestling Tale
Next thread: a hot picture!!
Previous thread: (411) Black: What the hell is going on?
(164 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
The 7 - Site Bashing - Negative SitesRegister and log in to post!

The W™ message board - 7 year recycle

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim
This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.148 seconds.