Originally posted by VanillaSkyKane never held the Euro title if I'm not mistaken...
That is corrrect.
Also, 1Wrestling is reporting that Austin bruises were the result of a car accident that he was in. Rather oddly, they reported it as a "one car accident". So the car he was in hit something. I hope he wasn't driving.
NOTE: The above post makes no sense. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Sorry for being a little late, I was sick yesterday (sore throat, cold, headache, fever), my dad had a project for his work late Sunday into Monday. Also, I am frustrated at my connection, it keeps disconnecting by itself while I'm writing. Anyway, here it goes.
1) HBK starts the show by being the first on the ramp. Finally, someone other than Bischoff/Austin/HHH is starting. When Flair/HHH/Bischoff arrive and the main event is set, I smelled that something was going to happen.
2) Test/Booker-> Stacy manages both Test & BPP individually. Neutral corner when they meet. OK Match, had to roll my eyes at JR for his railing on Test after the accidental kick to Stacy by Booker. Two words, "SHUT UP!!!" HHH/Austin was strange, but funny...it is like "Mommy, can I have some...NO! Please...NO!" Funny.
3) Venis/Richards...Why did he come back in that form...boring match.
4) Outside Mobile Civic Center...lot of flags, military, and Bad Blood (oops, some segway to Nash/HHH). Nash interview...boring. Christian interview w/Goldust & Booker. I didn't like the Tourette's syndrome when started but Goldust is hilarious. Booker...the usual.
5) To JR...enough with the history in the making with the main event. I know what is going to happen, without looking at the other sites. Anyway, Lillian sings...then gets interrupted by the French guys. I leave, get a coffee latte, and return when Austin has his play time with the Frenchies. One gets thrown out, the other stunnered. Now, Austin brings Lillian back in the ring to finish singing, but he wants to sing it as a duet. Sonny & Cher...maybe more like Beauty and the Beast to me. Lillian sings great as usual, but Austin can't get the high notes. Hilarious!!! Then he gets his usual beer and gives some to Lillian. She drinks it the Stone Cold way...mostly missing the mouth and ending up everywhere else!!! She has become a 3-tool personality. She sings, she announces, and she drinks. Better not have her wrestle, unless your name is Vince Russo. Very funny sequence.
6) Christian/Goldust...only thing I had to say was a surprising ending with a clean pin. Oh yeah, it was non-title. So it didn't matter.
7) Bubba/Mack...I thought this was a big challenge at the beginning but Nowinski of all people, had to ruin it.
8) Flag match Grenier/RVD...thanks for the 1997 flag match. The last I could remember was Wrestlemania 2. One question...HOW COULD A TEAM SO GREEN AND ENDING UP HERE A FEW WEEKS END UP WITH A TITLE SHOT!?!?
9) Highlight reel -> Knew Jericho would get the first shot in because I know at Bad Blood, Goldberg will go over. But the mace was a little bit much...please.
10) HHH vs HBK/Flair...just waiting for the turn. Sweet chin music, tag, whoo...3,2,1,pow. Of course, Mr. Big Nose has to win and does. That masked man. Orton. Eviloution is back. With the last couple of wrestling segments, it had to be the midcarders that ended up with a good portion of the heat.
Anyway, if you are cleaning up the Mobile Civic Center and find a black cowboy hat in the rafters, send it to JR at WWE headquarters. I think it ended up there after that last "match" because he was very upset. We need a camera shot of him for every heel turn just to see him react.
That is it for tonight as I stare at the screen and see my Cubbies stink up another one and the White Sox losing one again. Boy, are the people going to be angry on the Score tonight. See you next time.