Dark Match: 1) Shannon Moore v Ray Gordy Gordy misses a swanton and Moore hits a twisting neckbreaker from the middle rope for the win. The winner: Shannon Moore. A passable match.
Velocity: 1) Nunzio (w/o FBI) v Orlando Jordan (w/ the second worst entrance video behind Matt Morgan). Highlights of the match were a triangle choke by Nunzio on OJ and towards the end of the match there were three spots of a two count by OJ. OJ wins with powerslam. The winner: OJ. A so-so match.
Someone from the audience tells Brian Hebner he sucks and he responds with "You suck nuts!"
2) Jamie Noble v Paul London Mostly mat wrestling and London got really no reaction at all which is sad b/c I am a big fan of his and of Noble's as well. Boring chants did break out but once a few high spots by London were done, they got into it. We see a nearfall by London as he hits a knee from the top-rope to the back of Noble's head for 2. London also on top turnbuckle and gets thrown off and hits the apron which popped the crowd. London skins the cat but ends up with a dropkick into his face by Noble. Noble hits a standing clothesline for 2. London hits a flatliner with a DDT followed by a dropsault and a chicken wing into a sitdown facebuster (the Kidman and Xpac move). Noble gets a nearfall with a powerslam. Noble is perched on the top-rope and London runs over and catches him and looks to be going for a frankensteiner, however, it is reversed into a dragon sleeper by Noble but he is thrown in the ropes and crotched. London then hits a moonsault from the second rope for 2. London tries again for frankensteiner and it is reversed into a pin by Noble but for 2. Then the finish is a dragon sleeper by Noble, countered into a Northern Lights Suplex by London into another dragon sleeper by Noble for the 3 as London taps out. The winner: Jamie Noble. Very good match, one of the best of the night I thought.
3) Onyx and Michael Adrian v FBI (Palumbo and Stamboli) FBI wins with Palumbo superkick on Onyx. Onyx is not announced as Onyx I could not hear his name but Onyx was on his tights. He is a short jacked up black guy. The winner: FBI. A Velocity usual match.
4) Billy Gunn v Rhyno Rhyno goes for the gore but misses as he is leapfrogged by Gunn and Gunn hits the fameasser for the win. The Winner: Gunn
Smackdown: Opens with Heyman backstage on the screen with Dawn Marie (looking fantastic) telling the crowd that he apologizes for Eddie Guerrero's actions from last week and to tell us that Kurt Angle will appear live via satellite in Pittsburgh b/c he wants to prevent any altercation occurring between the two. Lots of Eddie chants already and this is a non-Hispanic audience.
Austin's music hits, but out comes Lesnar on Austin's Sheriff Mobile. He wants to tell SCSA that he was the one who impounded his ATV on Monday and that is takes guts for someone like him (Lesnar) to go get things done on another man's show. They show a video recap of 2 weeks ago with the F5 on Austin. He says that now that Austin is out of the way, Bill Goldberg is Next. He has a match with Hardcore Holly tonight that started early when Hardcore interrupted Lesnar.
1) Lesnar v Holly Lesnar wins with F5 in 2:00. After his win, he mocks Austin by drinking some Miller Lite in the ring and leaves to Austin's music and on the ATV popping wheelies as he leaves. The Winner: Lesnar. A throwaway match.
2) Danny Basham (w/ Doug) v Scotty 2 Hotty (w/Rikishi) For some reason Shaniqua is still in the entrance video for the Bashams. Anyway, the worm is stopped as Doug rolls in for his brother and rolls up Scotty. I don't see how they believe that the ref is so stupid as to not being able to tell the difference between Doug and Danny. But this is WWE and suspending logic is all part of the game (no pun intended). The Winner: Danny Basham at 4:00. A so-so match.
WM Promo aired for 3 way for World Heavyweight Championship
Live from Pittsburgh, Kurt is getting mic'd up and a video package airs recapping the events between Kurt and Eddie.
Kurt is live via satellite and tells us that he doesn't want to show up and have Eddie lose his temper. He says that a leopard never changes its spots. His feelings were hurt last week when the crowd booed him but he doesn't regret it because if it helped someone to teach their child to be less like Eddie than his job was accomplished. He is fighting for the future of the company and Eddie is only a disgrace and a shame for the company. Starts the continuous Eddie chants that would be throughout the program.
3) Chavo Jr. (w/Sr.) v Funaki Sr. gets on commentary with Cole and Tazz at one point and then a minute later, Chavo wins with a pull of the hair. The winner: Chavo at 4:00. An ok match.
Heyman and Dawn backstage and Heyman calls out Eddie to apologize. Paul is out in the ring and wants a public apology for his actions. Eddie chants begin and Eddie comes out. He wants Eddie to apologize for his drug addiction, his assault on Dawn, for disgracing the title and for disgracing Paul Heyman's Smackdown. The mic for Eddie doesn't work so Paul asks the tech if he is from Savannah. Eddie says that he is sorry and Paul accepts his apology but Eddie says he forgot 1 thing, his motto is : I lie, I cheat, I steal. Eddie says he will be walking into Wrestlemania the champ and walking out el campeonato. Eddie says he could beat Paul with his hands tied behind his back and so the main event will be Eddie v Paul with Eddie's hands handcuffed behind his back since he is so used to them as Paul says.
After this they confiscate some kids sign, I don't know what it says but the person in front of me is filming the event and I don't think that is allowed but a sign is the end of the world. If you want to know what sign look on the hard camera side front row, a few seats to the left of these people with blue and green wigs on.
4) Rey Mysterio/Billy Kidman/Ultimo Dragon v Akio/Sakoda/Tajiri Highlights: stiff chest kick by Dragon on Akio for 2 count. Triple dropkick by Tajiri's group. Finish sees Rey getting caught by Akio, hits a spinning DDT (Akio planted vertically) and the pin. The winner: Rey/Ultimo/BK in 5:00.
Heyman backstage says that he will beat Eddie and Dawn asks him if he will be okay.
APA music hits and Haas and Benjamin come out in APA outfits. Bejamin is Bradshaw with blonde wig and Haas is Faarooq with big afro. They are going to sing for us. And the people rejoiced. They say "hell were down here in Savannah, GA and this is where brother's marry sisters and sister's marry brothers" at one point and asks Haas "did you learn all that drinking down at Florida State?" They had barstools and Miller Lite. They sing The West Texas Rednecks song from WCW. The real APA comes out and they are followed by the Bashams who with WGTT double-team APA. H-bomb on Faarooq by Bashams, clothesline from hell by Benjamin on Bradshaw and then Scotty and Rikishi come out to clean the ring but the heels already jumped out.
A-train and Big Show are shown backstage talking but I don't know what was said b/c the audio wasn't loud enough.
Wrestlemania recall moment is Rock v Hogan at WM18
5) Cena v A-Train Cena comes out with Herschel Walker jersey (UGA). Good pop for Cena. Some lines from his rap: "I hope WGTT doesn't sing for the titles, They're worse than that Japanese dude from American Idol." "They cut all my lines from your TV set so that means that Vincent Kennedy McMahon can't even seem me yet." Lots of Cena chants with A-train working over the injured left leg (MCL) of Cena. Cena wins with FU at 9:00, way too long for an A-Train match. The Winner: John Cena
After the match, Show comes out and says that Show envies Cena, not because of his abs (no joke needed there) but because of his ability to dream, to fantasize that he honestly believes he will be Show at WM to win the US Championship. He says Cena woke up a sleeping giant and that while Cena is busy dreaming he will walk head on into a nightmare.
Heyman backstage with Dawn and Brian Hebner. Tells Hebner to put handcuffs on Eddie. And that he will do what Eddie's father didn't do, beat some sense into him.
6) Main Event: Paul Heyman v Eddie Guerrero Paul comes out with a velour suit on and Eddie with a lowrider. Paul tries to beat on Eddie but Eddie gets the advantage and knees Paul since he can't use his arms. Paul runs behind the lowrider to the entrance and out comes Kurt. Eddie backs up as Kurt is taping up his wrists. Eddie gets back in the ring still handcuffed and Angle is on the outside trying to get in. Kurt finally gets in and goes for a clothesline but Eddie ducks and kicks Kurt. Kurt blocks the second attempt and drops Eddie across the ropes. Kurt beats on Eddie and yells, "You're nothing, if you were champion you'd get your ass up right now." Kurt then grabs the belt and gets in Eddie's face. Eddie spits right into Kurt's face and then Kurt hits Eddie with the belt. Kurt then holds up the belt and the crowd Boos him. He then spits on Eddie and looks over him and then walks back still staring at him. It might go off here but after this Kurt leaves and they shoot Eddie face down on the ground trying to get back up with the belt next to him. Eddie is let out of the cuffs and the shot is on him. So I am not sure where it goes off but I assume at Kurt holding the belt and then walking back.
Loudest Pop: Eddie (by far), then Rey, then Cena
Eddie was way, way over in a non-Hispanic market, which I think, is really good for him. The cheers for him were very, very loud as I was in the third row so all the cheers from above came right my way.
Knoble/London looks like an awesome match. However, I don't see the point in Nunzio jobbing to Orlando Jordan, seeing as Nunzio will be in the Cruiser match at WM. And the FBI winning is always a plus.
SD looks OK, but nothing special. Lesnar squashing Holly should be good, as well as the APA getting beat up. Match-wise, the cruiser 3-man tag looks like it could be good, but a bit short. Looks like the focus is on storyline advancement to WM moreso than match-quality.
Sounds pretty...dry to me. Not to undermine the obvious importance of WM, of course, but there isn't much else to chew on from Smackdown outside of Angle/Guererro. I'm so tired of GMs in matches, though. I saw Paul London in Zero-One not too long ago, he's tight. But only I and a handful of people think that, judging from Velcroity. Yes, I misspelled the name, and it wasn't intentional, but it cracks my ass up, so it's staying in.
But seriously, considering what I look for in WM buildup, I'm still not getting that "vibe". Hell, I got it from Jericho/Michaels last year, for God's sake. The closest I'm getting this year is ...uh, Angle and Guererro. But that feud isn't going where I'd hoped as far as that heel turn last week goes. But that's just my finicky, nit picking ass, so don't mind me.
After a quarter of a century on this planet, there's three things I know for sure... 1)Ain't nothing like a Dirty Pair marathon on New Year's Eve. 2)I'd make a fine Mrs. HHH II. 3) I'd make an acceptable Mrs. Orton. 1400 reasons to luv me!
Originally posted by whoever wrote the spoilersAPA music hits and Haas and Benjamin come out in APA outfits. Bejamin is Bradshaw with blonde wig and Haas is Faarooq with big afro. They are going to sing for us. And the people rejoiced. They say "hell were down here in Savannah, GA and this is where brother's marry sisters and sister's marry brothers" at one point and asks Haas "did you learn all that drinking down at Florida State?" They had barstools and Miller Lite. They sing The West Texas Rednecks song from WCW.
Damn you to hell. Now I'll have to watch the entire show just so I can see this.
Judging by what you wrote, I can only assume you're far more interested in the RAW possiblities than the SmackDown possibilites. LOL! And, of course, it verifies what the intelligent fans have known all along-- Benoit, Guerrero, Booker and RVD kick ASS!...