Took a nap and watched "Mega Python versus Gatoroid" with the youngsters. The Tiffany vs Debbie Gibson fistfight is as pants-punishingly-awesome as you would assume it would be. I fought the urge to rush to the battroom and unleash my own personal electric youth. WHO KNEW that Sy-Fy is your new self-pleasuring blindness-induction provider? Anyhoos...
- Abel Durant is wearing black single breasted coat but is sporting the lavender slacks so the whimsy is still there.
- Carlitos versus the Precious One Gilbert and Gilbert is working a headlock as we join the action because PR is allll aboot the old school. Carlitos hits a DDT to COMEBACK~! and Gilbert kills him with a superplex for two. Carlitos ducks a clothesline and goes on offense by taking out the knee and hitting a leg lariat. At a vertical base Gilbert headbutts and then hits a really nice club across the back and sweet punch to the face, and then BJ comes in to do the cheating that the evil will do but Shane runs after him and your thin ref opts to call it a match. Gilbert goes insane and assaults Carlitos who fires back and lariats Gilbert over the toprope and we go to endless commercials. A finish would be nice but the work is too rock solid to bitch about- though at this point, I'm waaay more into Gilbert than Carlitos.
- PEA HEAD MANIA! Primo back when he was Eddie Colon up against Kid Kash from the Roanoke Valley of Virginia! I guess this is 2005ish. His hair was longer then and he wasn't SHOWBOATING the perfect pea-shape of his head. He also wasn't the most polished guy on the island at this point as he screws up some basic stuff here and there. He does take the Toprope Suplex like a total MAN. Kid Kash is very X-Divisiony in this but does hit a truly nasty Steiner Square Driver that doesn't end the match for whatever reason. After that, this match is surviving in the WORKED column by power of the peahead alone. The Small Package Confusion finish was small consolation.
- TOTAL PEA HEAD MANIA! Primo versus MVP from last week in Domingo? MVP hits a "tremendous suplex" and there are lotsa Primo Having A Hard Day At The Office spots. Nice lariat by MVP and they move ahead to a bit of brawling into the crowd. Primo takes the hard bumps in the stands. The get to the ring and they trade chops with Primo assuming the role of Ric Flair and MVP assuming the non-selling role of Sting. Primo is AWESOME selling the stinging of the chops- going total swarm-of-wasps freak out. MVP misses a big boot in the corner and Primo Ace Crushes him to the mat and starts strangling and then punching MVP in the blood section of the forehead as we go to commercial. Primo in WWC is waay more fun than on Superstars. Primo is cheating as we get back and MVP hits the floor and they traded spiritied little punches. Primo with the dropkick and rolls back into the ring. MVP is caught coming in and Primo goes all Tully with the shoestrings face rake and you weep at the beauty. They do a roll-up sequence and Primo hits a nice Big Boot to the face. Primo uses his tiny pea-head to express his frustration of all the two counts. They trade punches and chops and MVP's punches look pretty good for once. His lariats, not so much. MVP with the CAPCHA~! suplex for two as Primo hits the ropes. They have a very elaborate five step section to get Primo to break his knee and MVP gets the pin. This was quite the good Superstars match stretched out a little with basic PR staples- the brawling section, the comedy chopping section, the hot no longer comedy chopping section. Very basic NWA 1989 match structure- which is always a good idea.
- I still await Joe Bravo, the Caribbean Champion, to grace my screen in a wrestling match. It is a fine looking belt.
Thread ahead: NWA Championship Wrestling from Hollywood #21 - 2/4/11 Next thread: "This is the most illegal thing I've seen in the history of wrestling!" Previous thread: Your TNA WORKRATE REPORT for 2/3/2011!!
Iíll plead guilty on to loving heel Austin as well. Mostly because his face work was so utterly horrible. No one could ever get a move in, and then that crappy move to end the match. Barely uses any moves. Hated him.