- Abel Durant is wearing a LIGHT plum shirt with a navy blazer with a silver tie- as he seems to be a well-dressed HerbaLife salesman or maybe a man in a kiosk at the mall selling mobile phone plans.
- The Moondog-like Hideo Saita starts his TV title reign by cheating quite a bit against a suddenly very game Carlitos. My guess is that Carlitos is just better as struggling face challenger than face title defender. It is a style that would make it easier to sell and comeback a lot instead of having to use a trite offense to carry the match. He has a couple of perfectly fine spots and he is much better off using them as hope spots for the heel to fill in the spaces. Carlitos has a really nice toprope flying cross body block and gets a two count! Saito has a really NASTY German to cut him off. Saito can't get the follow up suplex and is dropkicked into position for the gutwrenchingly shitty 619- which really NO ONE looks good doing (even Rey Rey) so particularly shitty ones make you think- to yourself- "do they never look at video of themselves and notice just how shitty that looks?" Evil manager JDS stops the winning pinfall from some Swingblade-ish shitty lariat finisher by Carlitos and allows Saito to use THE SALT~! SHADES OF MISTER SAITO~! and then kills Carlitos a REAL finisher- a Released Capture Suplex for the win! Joe Bravo is far better as an idiot ref than as a crappy wrestler. Carlos Colon mediates the postmatch backstage argument between Bravo and Carlitos- for what it's worth.
- Oooh! Mr X has really beautiful clubbing forearms that he applies to (let me check Savio's match results. JV on his boots, forest fire on his paunts.) Jay Velez is his name! Being beaten to death by Mr X is his game! Losin' is his business and BUSINESS IS GOOD! Vaelez will accept his beating like a man. And I AND YOU salute him.
- BJ and Shane are the two best wrestlers in WWC. STICKEM IN A CAGE AND LETTEM LOOSE! This match is soooo old school and great. Shane gives a clinic on how you use a cage and great looking punches to build to a great match. Shane tells a simple story- "I shall beat your face into your neck and them hit the ELBOW FROM HEAVEN and go home to Carolina and party and rock out and rock and roll hootchy coo!" Shane misses! There will be no Rock and Roll Hotchie Coo! BJ says "I will try the same thing and win!" He goes up even higher and misses far bigger and hurtier. Shane makes the cover, but BJ somehow kicks out. Mister X climbs the cage to distract the ref as the little mini guy hangs around BJ supplies the chain. BJ misses and Shane gets the chain and smashes BJ right in the melon and gets the pin. Postmatch, Mister X and BJ beat the life out of Shane- as they do the great thing of each member of the locker room trying to climb into the ring one at a time- thus allowing the faces not to look like pussies but more like unorganized idiots- which we as wrestling fans kind of expect of our wrestling heroes. CJ O'DOYLE! BALTIMORE ASS-STOMPER BUSTS BJ AND X'S HEADS LIKE THEY ARE BLUE TIP CRABS, HON! BJ and Shane is such a fun feud. Good match but you'll want a more extensive batch of ass-beating to reflect the length and extent of hatred portrayed in the feud. Still, QUALITY WRESTLING.
- They reshow last week's "Gilberto eats dinner with.... Rico Suave" and they look at Suave's upbringing. SUPER MEDICOS! LOS BORIQUAS! They show pictures of a thousand matches that I hope show up on Sunday's WWC Classics. By the end, Gilberto is on Rico's nerves and one can only assume a bucket of blood will be our end product. And that works every week. Gilberto's beatdown is truly EEEVIL! This could have legs.
WHAT DIDN'T WORK-
- Yogi on ice? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
It would be a good move on the part of UPN to keep SmackDown, but their ratings have dropped since moving to Fridays. That was actually a bad decision considering that Friday isn't a big TV night among the 18-34 crowd.